"It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for"

Started by petewilson, Jan 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petewilson

Jan 27, 2018, 12:50 pm Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 09:05 pm by Scarfwearer
Hi all,

I thought I would share some photo's of my build  (2008-2018)
I started it in November 2007 and finished it in January 2008 (worse time of the year really!)
BUT after 10 years of the english Weather and a refurbishment 5 years ago it's come to the end of it's natural life.........
I'm going to list it on ebay just in case someone out there has the labour of love and time to refurbish it (Actually the frame is in pretty good condition considering!)
The only problem is I built it sturdy and not easily dismantable!

Pete

P.S. I know how chriskingbees felt when he lost his!  :'(

Police Box 1.jpg  (2008)

Police Box 2.jpg  (2008)

Police Box 3.jpg  (2010)

Police Box 7.jpg  (2011)

Police Box 4.jpg  (2013)

Police Box 5.jpg  (2013)

Newspaper (15-08-2013).jpg  (2013)

Police Box 6.jpg (2014)

Police Box 8.jpg  (2018)

Police Box 9.jpg  (2018)

Police Box 10.jpg  (2018)

Police Box 11.jpg  (2018)Police Box 12.jpg  (2018)

Mark

I'm not going to "like" your post because those pictures make me sad, just as sad as when Chris K posted his.

I guess 10 years isn't too bad for an outdoors wooden TARDIS.

When you say "...the moment has been prepared for.", does that mean there may be plans afoot for a replacement?

If so, what version do you have in mind?

petewilson

Quote from: Mark on Jan 27, 2018, 03:24 pm

When you say "...the moment has been prepared for.", does that mean there may be plans afoot for a replacement?

HaHa... No Mark...It means if I don't sell it on ebay the plans are too hire a skip as we have loads of stuff in the loft to get rid of as well.....Beside too old and poor to do that again!   ;D

Volpone

It looks like 10 years is about the lifespan of an outdoor TARDIS.  Always sad to see one go.  It's funny, how similar the interior looks on all of them.  Actually, mine looks even more decrepit. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

Hi....
Just want to add my commiserations...

It is heart breaking to see all that hard work just rot away.

(I felt the same seeing Chris's Metbox pics.)

We live in such a crappy climate... It seems it's been raining here forever....
Makes me fear for my old girl....

But, as the guys pointed out, 10 years is a pretty good innings for an outside build.. so at least you got 10 years of joy out of her.

Still, I feel for you... :-[

Russell

galacticprobe

Jan 27, 2018, 07:43 pm #5 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2018, 07:47 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: Mark on Jan 27, 2018, 03:24 pm
I'm not going to "like" your post because those pictures make me sad, just as sad as when Chris K posted his.

Quote from: russellsuthern on Jan 27, 2018, 06:35 pm

Ditto. :(

Quote from: petewilson on Jan 27, 2018, 03:30 pm
It means if I don't sell it on ebay the plans are too hire a skip as we have loads of stuff in the loft to get rid of as well...

Hopefully the Old Girl won't end up in that skip. But if that worst case should happen, save things like the lens, "Police Box" signs, handles, lock. I'm sure you could find a good home for those with someone on here.

Dino. :(
P. S. Wouldn't this be a better fit in the TARDIS Gallery since the topic is about a completed build?
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

Oh Christ that makes me sad...

I hate seeing pictures like that. :(

peted

I feel your pain. :'( Mine lasted about 7 years. Came down in 2008...
03082008.jpg

galacticprobe

Jan 28, 2018, 05:38 am #8 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 05:38 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: peted on Jan 27, 2018, 09:48 pm
I feel your pain.

Another of those that's difficult to use that "Like Message" link on. So I'll use what I've created for situations like this...

ThumbDown.jpg galacticprobe thinks this is sad.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

Jan 28, 2018, 06:50 pm #9 Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 06:54 pm by fivefingeredstyre
Quote from: russellsuthern on Jan 27, 2018, 06:35 pm
Hi....
Just want to add my commiserations...

We live in such a crappy climate... It seems it's been raining here forever....
Makes me fear for my old girl....

But, as the guys pointed out, 10 years is a pretty good innings for an outside build.. so at least you got 10 years of joy out of her.
Seeing pictures like these makes you fear for your own box, doesn't it. My heart really does go out to you Pete W

I checked on mine earlier today and its holding in there, but it really does need some real attention. It's a good 7 years old now, and the inside is starting to look more than a little musty and mouldy. When the weather changes I will be giving it full on refurb (new doors, lamp and windows); This will be the second set of doors I've put on mine since building it, so it just goes to show, in this climate, TARDIS maintenance is a constant battle.

I fear at the end of my work I will probably be delaying the inevitable by another 5 years or so...

wine-o

So sad to see your masterpiece in such a sorry state, I finished mine about July 2017 and so far (touchwood or should that be Torchwood) it has needed nothing more than the occasional wiping off of bird-shit.

Any sunny days the door gets opened to give it a good airing.
Barman says "I'm sorry we don't serve time travellers.."

The Doctor walks into a bar.