Apr 19, 2024, 11:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's Lash Up Device

Started by BioDoctor900, Sep 19, 2015, 10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Sep 19, 2015, 10:39 pm Last Edit: Oct 11, 2018, 01:44 pm by The14thDr
Hi guys, now I had made on of these before, but it was rather bulky and didn't look too good. I then saw a review on VoteSaxon07's YouTube channel of the same prop. The one he reviewed was also custom made. A friend of mine told me that the base was a booklight from Primark. You can also get them on eBay. But today when I went shopping, I found one in Poundland, which was the last one in the shop. So I grabbed it and made it. It took about an hour to do. I had to cut down the hinge clip slot with a craft knife. And then found the bits in my box of junk and glued the parts In place.

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

I have got to get some bronze paint and paint it with that. The Brown was just an undercoat, but it doesn't look too bad. So I'll be expecting to see yours next Oblivion ;)

BioDoctor900

Oblivion

Sep 20, 2015, 04:38 pm #1 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015, 05:09 pm by Oblivion
Oddly I started one of these about a week ago but I'm just a trifle burnt out with prop building at the moment and haven't got the enthusiasm to carry on with it. No doubt the new series will fire me up, I so want that new Missy Device ;) That said I always loose interest for a few months around Sept/Oct.

I was working from this grab;
phone.jpg
Hampshire UK

BioDoctor900

Well it's not fully finished. As I say, it needs to be painted bronze and I've got a few more bits of tweaking to do with regards to what's on it. I know there is a few props from this series I want to make, but the other will come in time ;)

This was the image from the video I watched....

Screenshot_2015-09-19-21-55-29.png

Like I say, this Is a fan made piece

BioDoctor900

Oblivion

Ah yes. That one isn't screen accurate at all, its a copy of the 3D model used to create the phone that comes with the Big Chief Studios 12" 11th Doc figure.
Hampshire UK