Mar 29, 2024, 07:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2013 tardis console build

Started by steve757, Sep 17, 2015, 09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Oct 27, 2015, 04:22 am #15 Last Edit: Oct 27, 2015, 04:27 am by galacticprobe
Steve, sounds like you've got a good plan there. But I would post the link to your files as an "Update" rather than in the "Comments" because once you make another Update, the Comments will "collapse" and the link will get hidden with the rest of the Comments. Someone would have to know which little LittlePlus.jpg button to click on to expand the Comments to get at the link (and that's if the Comments expand, and not have that little + button just send the member to the top of the page, which is happening in some threads). So, if you put the link in an Update, then it will always be visible.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

d33j r093r5

Jan 19, 2018, 01:55 am #16 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 01:58 am by d33j r093r5
Hi Steve...... WOW, this console is AMAZING. And that you've been able to produce these results with TinkerCAD makes it even more so, at least from my perspective. There's obviously no reason why you can't, but I understand the level of effort you needed to put it to get to the printable stage. And your prints came off beautifully too.

I see you went for the generic colour and then paint option. The results have actually come off really well. I realise I'm coming in a bit late on this one, so advice is probably moot. I try and avoid painting as much as possible, and if something does need colouring I try to do it as easily (lazily!  ;) ) as possible. I've had mixed results, partly because I'm not a painter, but a large part of the reason is the texture of finished 3D printed parts, and the inevitable lines and laminations in the prints; it tends to make it more noticeable. Most 3D printers with a mind to make models amd paint them will sand or fume polish/melt the object for painting to give it a smooth, homogenous look, so the paint takes to it better. Even before final coat, they use primer as well; basically the road of traditional model building... having said that, I'm not sure how you would have gone about trying to sand and prime many of those fine details! A superb job by any measure!

Well done sir, I take my hat off to you!  :)  ;D

D.
ERROR READING DRIVE C: (A)BORT, (R)ETRY, (F)AIL (I)GNORE?