Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivion

Sep 05, 2015, 01:43 pm Last Edit: Oct 28, 2015, 03:51 am by Oblivion
The Eye of the Gorgon Talisman.

20150905_143030.jpg
Hampshire UK

galacticprobe

Sep 05, 2015, 05:40 pm #1 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2015, 05:41 pm by galacticprobe
Another amazing replica: one that could be worn on a nice dress as a brooch, or on a chain as a necklace! Well done, Oblivion!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Ahhh, stahhppp lol. I'm gonna sulk soon as I've not had any props to make lately. That may soon change though as I'm now a 3D technician and I have a whole workshop at my disposal ;) My mates mum could do with one of these as she cosplays Sarah Jane

BioDoctor900

Oblivion

Quote from: BioDoctor900 on Sep 05, 2015, 10:30 pm
Ahhh, stahhppp lol. I'm gonna sulk soon as I've not had any props to make lately. That may soon change though as I'm now a 3D technician and I have a whole workshop at my disposal ;) My mates mum could do with one of these as she cosplays Sarah Jane
BioDoctor900

A 3D tech, Congratulations, how exciting. I've no idea what one of them is but it sounds important.
Hampshire UK

BioDoctor900

I work at a college in the 3D workshop Which does Ceramics, Woodwork, print making and fine art. I basically help to make sure people are using the equipment correctly and don't chop off any limbs :p So there's a lot of materials for different projects ;) only thing I don't have now is a laser cutter, which is a pain, but if you can do it without one, I'm sure I can ;)

BioDoctor900

Oblivion

Sep 06, 2015, 01:12 pm #5 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2015, 01:23 pm by Oblivion
I don't have any specialized equipment at all. All I've ever used to build any of my props is a hacksaw, a drill, a craft knife, a ruler, a pencil, toothpicks, filler and sandpaper. I'm quite happy with all that I've made, so as far as I'm concerned, if I can make reasonable pieces with the bare basics then anyone can. A workshop may speed the process up, but it certainly isn't necessary, you'll be just fine without a laser cutter ;)
Hampshire UK