News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Cyberman Age of Steel wall trophy

Started by Senseidale, Oct 31, 2015, 02:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Senseidale

Oct 31, 2015, 02:32 pm Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015, 06:48 pm by kiwidoc
It now official I have three projects on the go. ;D
I have started to dismember a Cyberman voice changer I brought form church sale for £1.00, first remove the head band, cut out  part of the back of the head, being careful not to cut any wires I want to keep the voice changer,
have a quick look at how it might turn out, with what looks like a spine (it is a cable tidy I found laying around), and plastic piping, I will hopefully have it look as it has been ripped off of the body, I plan to have a led light up the back and tubing (Blue and red) and give the head a aged battle damage look and feel.
just something to do now the nights get dark early.
Dale
IMG_1937.jpgIMG_1936.jpgIMG_1938.jpgIMG_1940.jpg
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

russellsuthern

I like!
The steel "spine" looks particularly effective.
Those voice changer helmets actually look pretty realistic, don't they?

Russ

Senseidale

Nov 02, 2015, 05:36 pm #2 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2015, 05:47 pm by Senseidale
You are not wrong there Russ, they are very well made for plastic. with luck I will have it finished by the weekend. Will watch a couple of Cyberman inspired episodes tonight, Age of Steal   The Pandorica Opens closing time anyone with heads hanging off ;D
Dale

Senseidale

Nov 07, 2015, 04:57 pm #3 Last Edit: Nov 07, 2015, 08:24 pm by Senseidale
quick update.
Been playing with the spine,(the pic does not give it justice) also making brackets to hold the LED lights in place and wall mount bracket, well as  distressing the face of BOB, with my angle grinder, I managed to snap off the very thin wires for voice changer, but a bit of soldering and now fixed.
Not done anything on the big build today, it has been cold in the garage /workshop today with rain going to have to install heater.
bottoms up a few beers later.
Regards
Dale
IMG_1957.jpgIMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg

galacticprobe

Nov 08, 2015, 05:11 am #4 Last Edit: Nov 08, 2015, 05:11 am by galacticprobe
Getting creepy, Dale!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

Quote from: galacticprobe on Nov 08, 2015, 05:11 am
Getting creepy, Dale!

Dino.

Missy thinks it will scare the (P00P) out of William, can't wait to put the LED's in   ;D hopefully today.
Dale

Senseidale

Attached the spine and had a look how the (nearly finished) head will look on the bedroom wall, generally happy with the result I back lit BOB with a remote controlled LED white light that can be dimmed down, but I will be buying a blue and red changing LED tomorrow, also I have shorted the spine it looked to long to me and a little more distressing work then finished.
William my son loves it, Missy hates it ,I am with William on this one so missy is out numbered on this one.
Dale.
   IMG_1962 (1).jpg

galacticprobe

Nov 09, 2015, 05:18 am #7 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015, 05:18 am by galacticprobe
Definitely very creepy, Dale! Depending on how old William is, he might not like it so much at 2 in the morning when those eyes are glowing at him. (Missy like like it more, then.) Does the head have slots in the mouth for those three blue "LEDs" that light up when the voice changer speaks? Or would those be something you'd have to drill openings for?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

Nov 09, 2015, 04:18 pm #8 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2015, 04:23 pm by Senseidale
Quote from: galacticprobe on Nov 09, 2015, 05:18 am
Definitely very creepy, Dale! Depending on how old William is, he might not like it so much at 2 in the morning when those eyes are glowing at him. (Missy like like it more, then.) Does the head have slots in the mouth for those three blue "LEDs" that light up when the voice changer speaks? Or would those be something you'd have to drill openings for?

Dino.

Hi Dino The blue LED's on mouth do light up, William is only four, and nothing bothers him,  I will / did turn off the light when he is/was a sleep, last night, as I said I think it will look better with a shorter spine and Blue back lighting, with Blue eyes.
all the best
Dale
IMG_1964.jpgIMG_1965.jpg