Dec 06, 2023, 07:14 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Art Deco console room

Started by meantimebob, Aug 27, 2015, 03:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

meantimebob

Aug 27, 2015, 03:42 am Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018, 02:36 pm by Scarfwearer
Thought I'd finally get around to designing the console room that's been simmering away in my brain for a long time. I love Art Deco, and as the Police Box is actually a piece of Art Deco design I think it would highly appropriate for the interior to reflect the same aesthetics of the period.

The room is created in zbrush and rendered in Keyshot. Here is one corner.

room%20corner1.jpg

expendable

Very nice so far what I can see of it, looking forward to seeing more!

fivefingeredstyre

ooo Come on Bob, you can't stop there... Wheres the rest? :D

vortex maker

Quote from: meantimebob on Aug 27, 2015, 03:42 am
The room is created in zbrush and rendered in Keyshot. Here is one corner.

I don't I've ever heard of Z-Brush being used for this sort of thing. I always thought is was for organic sculpting, or hard surface objects that are more organic.

Great Render!

meantimebob

zbrush is the only 3D software I know. It's brilliant though.

Anyway, here's looking to the right from those stairs.

room2a_1.jpg

tony farrell

Aug 27, 2015, 04:56 pm #5 Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015, 05:03 pm by Tony Farrell
I suspect the late, great Jon Pertwee would have loved a Tardis interior like this - I can imagine his Doctor enjoying a glass of wine and some Gorgonzola cheese sat in that comfy chair! And, when he's full, he could have a 'kip' on the chaise being soothed by the illuminated roundels (very Irwin Allen's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)!

Sumptuous is the word for this interior (I rather like the aspidistra in the chamber-pot too)!

T

Kingpin

As a fan of art deco, I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.  Can't wait to see more, especially the console. :)

meantimebob

You'll have to be patient, the renders are taking forever...

Yes, this is very much an inner sanctum for the Third Doctor, somewhere he can chill out in, away from all that bothersome UNIT stuff.

That wall section in the mini sub of VttBotS was definitely in the back of my mind with those roundels. I think it would be great if they had the colours of the vortex swirling behind them whilst in flight.

Vale

fivefingeredstyre

Ooo... Exciting! I can't wait to see a nice wide shot.

Where's the console, cumon, cumon... ;D

galacticprobe

Aug 28, 2015, 04:33 am #10 Last Edit: Sep 15, 2015, 03:41 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: meantimebob on Aug 27, 2015, 05:18 pm
That wall section in the mini sub of VttBotS was definitely in the back of my mind with those roundels. I think it would be great if they had the colours of the vortex swirling behind them whilst in flight.

Actually, that back wall was in the "Flying Sub" (Seasons 2-4), not the mini-sub.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

meantimebob

fivefingeredstyre

I am really loving this Bob. The detail is wonderful, kind of reminds me of the TARDIS meets Mawdryns ship.

I love the little things like the cloak and jacket.

meantimebob

That was Art Deco too, so the style would be similar.

fivefingeredstyre

Is that the citadel of Peladon on the scanner? :)