The Big Finish version sonic.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
8th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver.jpg
Hampshire UK

The14thDr

Brilliant work as always Oblivion. This is one of my favourite sonic designs (after the Smith/Capaldi screwdriver) and it's amazing to see such a fantastic replica being produced with an enormous attention to detail. Any clues as to what your next build will be? :P ;)

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Oblivion

Quote from: The14thDr on Jul 29, 2015, 12:09 pm
Brilliant work as always Oblivion. This is one of my favourite sonic designs (after the Smith/Capaldi screwdriver) and it's amazing to see such a fantastic replica being produced with an enormous attention to detail. Any clues as to what your next build will be? :P ;)

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

That's kind mate, thank you.
I'm taking a much needed break from prop making for a few weeks, but I know what props I'm making next. One from 'Time Heist', one from 'Time of the Angels' and one from 'The Doctors Wife' ;) 
Hampshire UK

galacticprobe

Jul 29, 2015, 05:23 pm #3 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 05:24 pm by galacticprobe
That is one outstanding piece of art you've created, Oblivion! I was never too crazy about this sonic until I started watching you build it, and as your creation grew, this sonic grew on me. (And now I want to see someone like CO get the "All Clear" to make this version so we "sonic junkies" can add it to our collection!)

After this, you have certainly earned that break! Enjoy your time off, and I, for one, will look forward to your next projects. (Just don't rush that time off; take all you need. As I said, you've definitely earned it!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Oblivion

Jul 29, 2015, 05:44 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 05:47 pm by Oblivion
Thank you Dino.
It's odd how that one length shot of the sonic makes the crystal look slightly golden, it's actually clear. It seems to take on the colour of the brass mounting as the light hits it from some angles.
Hampshire UK

galacticprobe

Jul 29, 2015, 05:57 pm #5 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 05:57 pm by galacticprobe
Well, in that shot you're referring to, there is one of those "vanes/fins" directly below the crystal, and its brass color is being refracted up through the crystal just because of the viewing angle. It's the same reason why in the one photo with the sonic sitting on a blue table the crystal looks like it has a blue tint; it's refracting the color of the table through it. It's just how crystals work. (Thick glass - even thick drinking glass, those kinds with the really heavy thick bottoms - will do the same thing.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Skaldak

I may have a go at building this sonic myself.
Could you provide the dimensions of your sonic?

Oblivion

Quote from: skaldak on Jul 29, 2015, 07:10 pm
I may have a go at building this sonic myself.
Could you provide the dimensions of your sonic?

See earlier post  ;)
Hampshire UK

Rassilons Rod

This. Is. Out-frigging-standing.

Amazing work Oblivion!
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Skaldak

How many of those Brown,Wooden Strips are there?

Oblivion

Hampshire UK