Apr 20, 2024, 01:00 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Some more pics and a quiz

Started by themaster73, Jul 26, 2015, 09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

One of them is The Dominators I'm sure (second to last).
Regards
David

themaster73

Hi David,

Nope, all Hartnell stories.

My Troughton pics will come soon  ;)

russellsuthern

Wow!
Loving the pictures.
Tried the quiz but too difficult for me!

Russell

Rassilons Rod

Oops I was about to have a go at guessing then I saw a spoilery thing.....

I won't give the game away though. Suffice to say I'm fairly confident I would have got them all, apart from the final one. Especially knowing they were in story order :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

fivefingeredstyre

Am I late to the party, or has anyone else spotted the episode names under each of the photos? :D

Fantastic work there! Am I right in saying you have two different models (one with the cut down roof)?

themaster73

yep, 2 models ( I actually have several that I've made tbh).

And epic Homer size DOH!!!!!!

Mind you when I first posted the pictures the titles weren't visible   >:( :( ::) :( >:(

Angelus Lupus

Quote from: themaster73 on Jul 27, 2015, 07:38 am
Angelus;  2 wrong.

They are in story order ;)

Ah, I see the ones I got wrong. Not too ashamed at mistaking the Reign of Terror (generic trees are generic) but I really should have got The Space Museum.
All rather moot, now that the thumbnails have the names. I think I did quite well, before they gave the game away.
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

galacticprobe

Jul 27, 2015, 07:10 pm #22 Last Edit: Jul 27, 2015, 07:10 pm by galacticprobe
I think I got about half of them right, drawing blanks on episodes that I haven't seen yet (such as the ones that are still missing, and that I haven't seen the stills or the reconstructions yet).

Those are amazing models, which I think I've said before, but in these photos they look even more amazing! And you've got more than one version of the Original Brachacki!?

Oh, I think we can certainly throw a good Envy(tiny).jpg out there for these!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: themaster73 on Jul 27, 2015, 01:05 pm
yep, 2 models ( I actually have several that I've made tbh).

Bloody fantastic model work there mate. I love the recreations, can't wait to see the Troughtons :)

I'm currently working on a mid-70's Brachaki model myself and was planning a few recreations once i'd finished...

Volpone

All very entertaining and well done.  the "Unearthly Child" and two from "The Romans" are flat-out awesome.  It's hard to get the caveman silhouette identical, but it is such a powerful and iconic shot that it is a "gimme."  The ones for "The Romans," if you told me they were scans of production stills, I'd believe you.  They're that well done. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

Angelus Lupus

I know everyone is already clamouring for build details in your other threads, but since we're drooling over the quality of these photos, could you give us any info on how you staged them, and what filters you used to get that 60's promo-shot feel?
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Volpone

The one that stumped me was "The Crusades."  It appears the TARDIS is under a maple tree but the maple leaves are the right size for a full-sized TARDIS.  Is there a plant that looks enough like a maple tree to do this shot or was there something more complex? 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Jul 29, 2015, 05:03 pm #27 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 05:03 pm by galacticprobe
A few maple saplings, maybe? ???

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

fivefingeredstyre

I have to say those pictures really are excellent:)