Apr 16, 2024, 05:56 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Whomobile

Started by fivefingeredstyre, Jul 12, 2015, 05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidnagel

Apr 01, 2016, 10:11 pm #15 Last Edit: Apr 01, 2016, 10:12 pm by davidnagel
I found these nice hi res scanned "back in the day" photos of Jon and the car, thought I'd post here:

whomobile bw hi002215020_2.jpg
whomobile rear bw hi002215015_1.jpg
Regards
David

fivefingeredstyre

You know, it's probably heresy, but I think I preferred the temporary canopy...  ;D

galacticprobe

Apr 02, 2016, 05:25 am #17 Last Edit: Apr 02, 2016, 05:28 am by galacticprobe
I'd take it with either canopy, but that's just me. (And it would probably cost as much as my house to have this graceful, sweeping-lined vehicle replicated, especially since I don't have the tools, materials, or the know-how to do it myself - not to mention the lack of physical fortitude. :P Someone would have to do the work for me, and that would cost $$$$$!)

Now if I could get my hands on a Siva, all I would have to do is pay for a respray in yellow and I'd have a Bessie replica, but those are rather expensive in their own right and that's not counting shipping it across the pond!

Heck; I just love those 'Who' cars! Great photos, David! Thanks for sharing, especially since I do have that connection with the late Jon Pertwee and the letters we used to write. These made my day!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"