Apr 20, 2024, 06:20 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Capaldi Series 9 Psychic Paper

Started by childofgallifrey, Aug 27, 2015, 03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

childofgallifrey

Yeah, just a little oversight! In the meantime, I rewatched Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline, and I should be able to get some good screengrabs. I have got some juicy info! Oh I'm such a tease! coming later today.
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

childofgallifrey

Sep 03, 2015, 06:55 pm #16 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 02:33 pm by childofgallifrey
Hi there, sorry they're late, real life catches up this time of year!
here goes:

pyschic paper REF.jpg

BOOM.
Look at that, you can clearly see here that it is not part of the psychic paper, or the lining, but is indeed in the other pocket.
Here's another one, some more reference. This is where I mentioned the credit card slot- It has that characteristic half circle, so you can get the card out with your thumb.

psychic paper REF2.jpg

That's all for now, hope to have some more wallet candidates soon, but updates may be less frequent than over the past couple of weeks, due to real life issues.
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

Oblivion

Sep 04, 2015, 07:19 am #17 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 09:23 am by Oblivion
Quote from: childofgallifrey on Sep 03, 2015, 06:55 pm
this is possibly my favorite, as it totally proves Oblivion wrong! (something rarely done, considering he is the master of doctor who gadgets!)

?? What a bizarre and uncomfortable statement to make. I thought the idea was to help others builders out with your thoughts and opinions not to take a form of pleasure in proving someone, anyone wrong ! Ah well. 
Hampshire UK

childofgallifrey

Sep 04, 2015, 02:31 pm #18 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 02:38 pm by childofgallifrey
Oh, sorry, I'll edit it if you feel uncomfortable. I never meant to cause offense or take pleasure in making you uncomfortable, I just thought it was a rarity, considering your keen eye for detail. once again, sorry.

The14thDr

I found a seller on Etsy (with whom I have no affiliation) who makes a good replica of the Twelfth Doctor's psychic paper.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/99107960/psychic-paper-with-inserts-doctor-who

As far as I can tell this ships to both the UK and the US, and the price is only £8 (or $12 in the USA) for the wallet and inserts.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

superrichi1a

I must say I'm not a fan of this psychic paper, the Tennant-era one looked much more visually interesting. Slightly worn with a nice large window, compared the new PS one just looks like a nice new wallet with an ID slot.

What's more, why do they need to spend £120 on a wallet? I think they had at least 3, too...
Same with all the costumes these days I think, I just learned that 10 Matt Smith purple coats were made - 10! This is for half a season, mind, compared to Tennant's 4 coats over a 5 year run. Those Smith costs are made out of a discontinued fabric that's expensive enough to make me wet my trousers and fly across the pond to hide in Dino's garage - to the tune of each coat costing a little over £3000 (about $4500) to have made. So that's £30,000 ($45,000) just on the coat! A nice coat but surely no more than 3 were required? Smith never even wore it full time, it wasn't present in "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS", "The Crimson Horror" and only barely in "Time of The Doctor".
Madness!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

childofgallifrey

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????
Good God, I think I might be with you in Dino's garage, struggling to get into pair of industrial strength nappies while trying to cram myself in (assuming he has one!) an abandoned washing machine and ponder what has come of the world...

On a different note, The "Capaldi wallet" offered on Etsy, looks to have another window... inaccurate for the reasons discussed above. The best bet is that amazon link (so far...) not had time to look, getting my Capaldi Caretaker Cosplay ready for MCM later this month... still need to do the holes jumper...

galacticprobe

Oct 12, 2015, 06:20 am #22 Last Edit: Oct 12, 2015, 06:35 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: superrichi1a on Oct 10, 2015, 03:57 pm
Those Smith coats are made out of a discontinued fabric that's expensive enough to make me wet my trousers and fly across the pond to hide in Dino's garage - to the tune of each coat costing a little over £3000 (about $4500) to have made. So that's £30,000 ($45,000) just on the coat!

Quote from: childofgallifrey on Oct 10, 2015, 05:49 pm
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????
Good God, I think I might be with you in Dino's garage, struggling to get into pair of industrial strength nappies while trying to cram myself in (assuming he has one!) an abandoned washing machine and ponder what has come of the world...

Well... erm... nappies aside, you're more than welcome to squeeze in! Mind you, my garage - which never existed because it was converted into the den (entertainment room) long before I bought the house - is really only a small 6' x 12' mudroom behind it, in which is the water heater tank, washer, and dryer... and electrics breaker panel... and that back door that's waiting for the replacement to come in (so the rains don't!). The walls are unfinished, so you've only got studs and insulation, but it's got a high ceiling... also a bit on the unfinished side. (Hey: it's a mudroom.)

Still, you're welcome to pop over and try to squeeze in. (The wife is one heck of a cook!) ;)

As for the price of the Smith purple frock, It does boggle the mind when all the costume department has to do is make ONE, publish a few publicity photos of it, then give the license to Abbyshot and Thinkgeek and snap up a few from them for only $399 US! (I say "only" as if it were pocket change; to the BBC it would be, though, when compared to £3000 ($4500) per coat.) But even at only $399 US (that's about £260.16), 10 coats for not as many episodes is money that could have better been spent on other things for the show when three would have been more than enough. I could see having 4, or even 5 made if Matt Smith signed on for another three years. (Unless they plan to auction some of them off at some point: 1 given for the display at the DWE; 1 to keep on hand for any possible future use... that leaves 8 to auction, and you know there will be people out there entering bidding wars for them, and they could feasible pay upwards of £8000 or more. That's £64000 when all is said and done!)

There could be some method to their madness.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"