Apr 18, 2024, 11:40 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Timelord Stazer

Started by elkad, May 16, 2015, 11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Volpone

Yup. I kind of wish there was a little plexiglass in the body, but they may have tried that and it didn't look good. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Dec 11, 2015, 12:25 am #16 Last Edit: Dec 11, 2015, 12:25 am by galacticprobe
I notice they also left off those CO2 cylinders from the sides as well. Those would have been nice to see on it.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

eddyc

Nice clear photo from the Rubbertoe FB page....

and the CO2 cylinders are still there.

TL Stazer.jpg

elkad

galacticprobe

Dec 12, 2015, 04:53 am #19 Last Edit: Dec 12, 2015, 04:53 am by galacticprobe
Excellent pic! And yes, those cylinders are indeed still there, albeit far more hidden in the mechanics than the originals were. It would have been nice to see them "stuck to the sides" as more of a homage to the originals.

Nice modernization of the staser all in all.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

lofiscifi

Couple more Rubbertoe references ...

15253325_221955134910598_4908350464807927808_n.jpg
15403326_229331224171565_8689149629322756096_n.jpg

... once my K9 is finished in time for his 40th next year, I wouldn't mind giving this one a go myself.

Davros Skaro

Quote from: galacticprobe on May 17, 2015, 06:15 am
Those cylinders are also used in air guns (and paintball guns) and are filled with CO2 gas. Those are easy to empty if you're worried about one giving out and going kaboom. All you need is one of those air or paintball guns, and then just fire away until the cylinder is empty (and repeat for as many cylinders as you want, and you can have some fun doing it, too!).

Of course if you've got some buddies that are into paintballing or shooting air guns, you could always hit them up for their empty cylinders.

Dino.

They are also used in soda stream bottles, the glass type that you put the cylinder in a holder & screw it in the back of the unit (with the bottle filled with water) to carbonate it, just do that till you have the no. of "soda bulbs" done that you need. not sure if these are the same size as BBC used though.

Chris.
Chris.

Cardinal Hordriss

Chancellor Goth's staser with which he assassinated the president.

vlcsnap-4052914.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

galacticprobe

Jan 09, 2017, 06:00 am #23 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 06:08 am by galacticprobe
Beautiful image, CH! Thanks for posting it. (But why do they always have such nice close-ups of this prop with its handle completely obscured? Just once couldn't they have shown it lying on a desk or on the floor without a hand grasping it? Maybe they did and I missed it, but so far every reference image of the Classic Staser has never shown a clear view of the "grip".)

I do notice in this one that no wires are going from those CO2 cylinders into the "tube" barrels like we've seen in other images. So this looks to be the simplest of all the Staser props yet: perspex body (and presumably grip) with a CO2 cylinder on each side, and seven(?) silvery tubes for the barrels: one long tube for the center "barrel" with six shorter ones wrapped around it and then affixed to the perspex.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. How true it can be!

Dino.

Davros Skaro

Jan 09, 2017, 06:50 am #24 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 07:02 am by Davros Skaro
Just watched "Deadly Assassin" again & got some great shots of the handle. The "stazers" are mostly the same, so got the guards stazer at the beginning. You can tell where the handle is, by the lanyard coming down from the uniform, to the butt of the stazer.

NDVD_000.1.jpg
NDVD_002.1.jpg
NDVD_005.1.jpg
NDVD_008.1.jpg
NDVD_010.1.jpg
NDVD_012.1.jpg
NDVD_013.1.jpg
NDVD_014.1.jpg
NDVD_015.1.jpg
NDVD_016.1.jpg
NDVD_018.1.jpg
NDVD_019.1.jpg

Hope these help, being made of clear perspex make it hard to see but I did/got what I could & zoomed in with some of them. I can get more if needed.

Chris.
Chris.

warmcanofcoke

Nice images Man! I wonder if the Arc of Infinity Staser has "as" uncomfortable a handle grip as that one.

The other day I was cycling to work and found these in the streets.:
IMG_6957A.jpg

The weird part - trying to figure out why so many were on that street corner.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Cardinal Hordriss

It will have been people doing laughing gas, you buy them in those little cylinders which screw into a bigger bottle from which you fill balloons to inhale the gas from... so I'm told.

RE the grip in Arc of Infinuty -

4a_3.jpg
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

warmcanofcoke

OK ....... I'm still going to make stasers out of em .....

Is that an image of the original from Arc of Infinity?

Cardinal Hordriss

I've had the image that long I don't remember where it came from. It seems to match the one used by Nyssa.

warmcanofcoke

well ... that little Cyberman helmet design in the right bottom corner is the eBay image symbol. Their version of a water mark.