Mar 29, 2024, 01:58 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Type 97 TARDIS (but a bit smaller)

Started by LMC97, Apr 25, 2015, 02:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LMC97

Another very quick update. The Police Box signs are getting very close to being complete.
DSCN1289.JPG
Here's another light test.
DSCN1288.JPG
Soon they will all be done then the base can be finished and then the pieces have now can be painted.
That's all for now.

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

May 23, 2015, 04:31 am #16 Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:31 am by galacticprobe
Without your hand in the frame as a reference for size, I keep having to remind myself "This is a model, not a full-size build!" Everything looks amazing. I can only imagine what she'll look like once she's all blue.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Quick update. I'm also looking forward to when she's all blue, but until then here are a few images of the base.
DSCN1290.JPGDSCN1291.JPG
Soon it will be glued to the rest of the model and then it all can be painted.
That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Update. The base has now been glued to the rest of the model.
DSCN1298.JPGDSCN1299.JPG
Also with the Police Box signs glued in, it's starting to look more like the TARDIS.
DSCN1300.JPGDSCN1301.JPG
Next to do is paint the rest of her blue and then make the roof.
That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

May 26, 2015, 04:19 am #19 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:19 am by galacticprobe
That base fits absolutely beautifully! You couldn't have done better if you'd planned it that way.

Oh... wait... you did plan it that way. ;) :) :D ;D

Amazing job so far, LMC! Every time I look at this, I keep saying that I really need to build one like this so I can hang the Old Girl in my Sci-Fi-themed entertainment room.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Here's a few images of what she looks like now. Won't be long now until she is blue.
DSCN1303.JPGDSCN1302.JPG
Also I'm wondering which St Johns Ambulance logo to use. On my virtual Type 97 TARDIS I've been using the 2013 logo but I'm not sure whether to have a different one.
all st j a.jpg
Does anyone have a opinion on which logo to use?  :-\
That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

May 27, 2015, 04:03 am #21 Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:06 am by galacticprobe
I know it's not the best of the logos, but there is also the 2011 (Series 6-7a) version (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=6014.0). Of course since yours is a "Type 97" (more advanced model), you could always go for one of the actual Met Box versions. Everything I've got so far for the St. John logos is in the Table in the above link. (I still haven't gotten the per-WWII 4-hole version up yet, but I'm still working on that and hope to have it up soon.)

Still, there are more logos for you to consider. (Not that I'm trying to make the decision more difficult for you, but I am a believer in trying to let all options be known before someone makes any decisions on anything. :))

Dino.

LMC97

Just another quick update. She's a bit more blue.
DSCN1304.JPGDSCN1307.JPGDSCN1308.JPGDSCN1309.JPGDSCN1311.JPG
That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

May 29, 2015, 05:36 pm #23 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:39 pm by LMC97
Another update. Here are more images of the TARDIS and including what we have for the roof.
DSCN1315.JPGDSCN1317.JPGDSCN1318.JPG
Also I decided to have this St John Ambulance logo.
model one.jpg
That's all for now.

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Another update. Here's some pictures of the roof.
DSCN1325.JPGDSCN1327.JPGDSCN1324.JPG
The rest of the model has been given a second coat of paint so it will be a while for any more modification are made to it.
That's all for now.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Jun 01, 2015, 04:51 am #25 Last Edit: Jun 01, 2015, 04:51 am by galacticprobe
Wow! She's looking lovely! (Can you make one and send it to me? My intentions are to soak it in the neighbor's pool overnight so when I wake up in the morning it will have swollen to full size! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Dino.

LMC97

Jun 05, 2015, 08:46 am #26 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2015, 08:46 am by LMC97
The roof has been painted and parts of the lamp have been made and some have been glue already.
DSCN1333.JPG
Also the windows are in now and she's starting to look complete.
DSCN1332.JPG
Just a few things to do then soon she will be complete.
That's all for now

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Jun 06, 2015, 04:48 am #27 Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 04:50 am by galacticprobe
It's starting to look like I'll have to break out that old Envy(microbial).jpg sign again!

Envy(tiny).jpg

Dino.

LMC97

Just a quick update. So far the lock has been glued in. Also the right hand door handle has been stuck in.
DSCN1344.JPG
Just need to put in the PTO sign handle and then glue on the St John Ambulance logo.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

Senseidale

In the words of Dr (number 9) Christopher Eccleston,
Fantastic !
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"