Apr 16, 2024, 04:48 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Russell's Hudolin style TARDIS

Started by russellsuthern, Apr 18, 2015, 06:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsuthern

Hi, all.

Hammering down last night, so I thought I'd take a couple of shots of the exterior TARDIS builders worst enemy- The rain!!

20151005_184821.jpg
20151005_184829.jpg

Really looking forward to the winter... ::)

Cheers,

Russell

gloyny

Hats off to you sir, you are a far braver man than me!

I originally wanted mine outside, but couldn't bring myself to do it...

Your build is awesome.

russellsuthern

Thanks, Gloyny!
I have just posted a welcome on your thread- your TARDIS is pretty damn good too!
Believe me, I would have built my old girl inside if I could have, but just didn't have the room!
So, I just have to go on battling the elements!

All the best,

Russell

Volpone

Do as I say, not as I do:  Monthly inspections.  Water and temperature changes are pervasive and will open leaks and allow rot.  You don't have to act on things immediately, but know what is going on so you can plan for repairs in the springtime. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

Monthly inspections? Volpone, I'm still at the honeymoon stage where I'm giving the old girl DAILY inspections! :o

Russ

ThePuzzledBoy

Just popping by (should I say that as an American?) and saw this. All I can say without regretting myself later is... good job! It looks nice, really nice! If only I had something like that.... (cue mischievous face and dramatic sting!)

- Hunter
ThePuzzledboy - a cosplayer who needs his own TARDIS and console.....

Volpone

That's right, yours is right next to a door and not full of junk.  I look at mine every day, but it's in a far corner of the yard and is full of old boxes and paint cans--and I don't keep the key on my keychain.  So I don't check up on it as often as I should.  But now that I think about it, the first rainy spell after my extensive refit of a few years back, I popped in every day to see how waterproof it was (and how the improved ventilation was doing). 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

Hi all,
I'm so sad I even have TARDIS socks!
TARDIS sock.jpg

Although a build as wonky as this would probably be condemned!!

I have noticed that a few of you guys (notably VCoupe, Bruce & Giovanni amongst others) have been posting some really cool night time shots of your TARDISes.
I was never very happy with the night shots I took before as the camera I used was rubbish & the photos were just too blurry.
So I've used my new camera phone to take some better ones which I'm more happy with.
TARDIS1.jpg
TARDIS2.jpg
TARDIS3.jpg
TARDIS4.jpg

Hope you like them!

All the best,

Russell

phillbarron

Looks fantastic, Russell. I must sneak past and have a look next time I'm in Brighton.

Senseidale

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

galacticprobe

Nov 24, 2015, 06:50 am #55 Last Edit: Nov 24, 2015, 07:04 am by galacticprobe
I would also say ditto, but I'll have to settle with these amazing night photos since I'm about 3,756 miles away from Brighton (and there's roughly 74,471,535 cubic miles of water between us).

Great photos, Russell!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

russellsuthern

Hi guys.
Thanks for the nice comments.
As I said before, if ever any of you guys are in Brighton you are more than welcome to pop round to see my TARDIS (& Dalek!)
(Dino, what's your swimming like?! ;))
Just PM me first to make sure I'm in :).

Hope your builds are going well.

Russell

Volpone

Bumping this thread because it came up in the random thumbnail on my home page so I had another look at it.  I totally understand the need to tinker once you have a finished TARDIS and I'll allow that the classic 1960s paintjob is a nice change, but this box does look so very nice in the classic all-blue scheme.  It's really a wonderful build.  Still, those white window panes make such a nice contrast against a dark, dark blue, don't they?  ;)
-The Doctor.

russellsuthern

Jun 28, 2016, 09:04 am #58 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016, 09:06 am by russellsuthern
Hi Volpone,

Thanks for your kind words.
Even though I guess we mostly build for ourselves, It's always wonderful to get positive recognition from other like-minded enthusiasts!

I really do like my old girl in her present colour scheme, as it's the one I grew up with, but I'm itching to see what she'll look like in original series/real metbox colours.
The beauty is that I can always revert her back again!!

BTW: I also love the random thumbnail at the top of the page, best feature ever!- It is always nudging my memory regarding fantastic older builds I've not checked out for a while so I go back & have another look & get all charged up!
I was just looking at the legendary Scarfwearer's amazing console room build only yesterday thanks to the random thumbnail feature & it has reminded me how much I want one!!

Russ

russellsuthern

Hmmmmm.....

Quite frustrated.
My box is really starting to need some work done - leaks filling & a re paint etc, but it has literally rained almost every day this month.
I'm hoping for a better July or August, or things ain't gonna get done.... >:(

Russ