Apr 23, 2024, 10:35 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Police Box Ephemera

Started by warmcanofcoke, Mar 07, 2015, 07:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Mar 07, 2015, 07:22 am Last Edit: Mar 07, 2015, 07:38 am by warmcanofcoke
Many Years ago, I came across an eBay listing for the remnants of a Police Box. The seller apparently was given the Light, Key and other bits from a box that was demolished. I do not remember any of the other particulars. Recently I came across these images on one of my hard drives:
54_1_zpsr7iyawcy.jpg
51_1_zpszq43qjt7.jpg
ea_1_zpsg8glssap.jpg
4e_1_zpsh6gsfuja.jpg
70_1_b_zpssaah1sic.jpg
e1_1_zpsbnnausjq.jpg
I am sure these images will be of interest.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

russellsuthern

Great pics!
Really interesting.
The top picture is one of my all time favourites. I never get tired of looking at it.
If you consider how tall policemen were in those days, it really gives a clear indication of how huge the real boxes were compared to the BBC props!

Russell

warmcanofcoke

I often wonder if the picture of the Police Box is the same box the St Johns first aid kit came from, or was it an image from a postcard?

Mark

Very interesting.
For definate the blue bulb is the one from inside the box, the repeater. The key does look similar being an Etas.
I wonder if the wording on the first aid box might help to nail the box location, perhaps it was a local StJohn area?

the_doctor

I've seen a couple of those keys (one with whistle, one without) on eBay not so long ago, but the asking price was over £100 as far as I can remember!

warmcanofcoke

More Police Box Ephemera:

metropolitan-police-whistle1885-86-chain-and-police-box-tardis-key-KJ9YFN.jpgmetropolitan-police-whistle1885-86-chain-and-police-box-tardis-key-KJ9YFN.jpg
victorian-metropolitan-police-whistle1885-86-chain-and-police-box-KJ9YFR.jpgvictorian-metropolitan-police-whistle1885-86-chain-and-police-box-KJ9YFR.jpg