Apr 24, 2024, 12:08 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Metal fixtures on the Season 14 Console

Started by warmcanofcoke, Feb 07, 2015, 07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

just to confuse matters even more on the Time Rams :
I found an ebay listing for "Vintage Engraved Brass Statue LIONS HEAD Door Knob Bell Accessory"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Engraved-Brass-Statue-LIONS-HEAD-Door-Knob-Bell-Accessory-/121625527311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5172440f

doorbell%20lion_zpscjaae3mm.jpg

many people had speculated about the odd circular depression at the bottom of the Rams on the console .....

I think I'll stick with the belt buckle theory. 
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Apr 24, 2015, 04:11 am #16 Last Edit: Apr 24, 2015, 04:11 am by galacticprobe
I would say definitely Ram's Head, Nate. The ones on the console's belt-line corners have a distinctively longer "face" shape than that lion knocker/ringer does. So I agree with you on the belt buckle line of thinking. (They may have made ram's head knockers/ringers like that lion one as well, which might explain that circular depression on the ones on the console.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

A Closer look at the side profile of the Ram's Head.
A%20head%20of%20the%20game_zpskkhtmdow.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

DrSyn71

Mar 08, 2024, 01:35 am #18 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2024, 02:21 am by DrSyn71
I'm new to this forum. I thought I'd blow the dust off this old thread. I bought one of the ram's head Bergamot belt buckles off of eBay for a decent price. If nothing else I'd have a cool belt buckle to wear. I decided to mold and cast it. I found a small little carboard box to mold it in. I didn't want to cut off any of the hardware on the back, so I put some modeling clay in the bottom of the box and pressed the buckle down into it until the belt hole stud and everything was sunk into the clay and the buckle was flat with the bottom of the clay bed. I used some Smooth-On Mold Star 15 Slow silicone for the mold and then some Smooth-Cast 65D white resin. The detail came out pretty well. Now I just need to cast some more. Oh, and build the wooden console to use them on! ;Dram1.jpg

WonderWheeler

Just wanted to note that it may shrink slightly when the metal cools. I have casted aluminum only however.

DrSyn71

Quote from: WonderWheeler on Mar 08, 2024, 03:55 amJust wanted to note that it may shrink slightly when the metal cools. I have casted aluminum only however.

shrinkage.jpg

DrSyn71

Mar 09, 2024, 02:19 am #21 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2024, 02:50 am by DrSyn71
Some brass spray paint on the white plastic resin copy. Not too shabby. I don't think I got the picture posted correctly of the mold, original and copy in my previous post three slots up this thread. I have it up there now.

painted.jpg