News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hartnell Console Room Set

Started by barryrwuk, Jan 18, 2015, 12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

With green inlays, Tony?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

That looks a bit dull too.  Is it setup that way for 3D use?  Otherwise, this looks more correct to me.
roundels1963crop.jpg
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

barryrwuk

Thanks Tony. I see you noticed that I had skipped over the photographic walls.  :D

I shall ask this next question carefully as I sense that it might be an area of disagreement. Do we know if the photographic walls were printed in B&W? I assume that they would have been but I assumed that the curved sections of the living quarters doors were green - so what do I know?  ;D

Anyway, I really appreciate the help with this and I am thoroughly enjoying the build so far.

Next up will be the Fault Locator wall.

Barry

DoctorWho8

p01b8sp3.jpg
interior-jo.jpg
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

I know they were remade at some point, but this might help...

article-2483491-191FB0FD00000578-65_310x440.jpg
Public Enema Number One.

barryrwuk

Thanks guys.

This might be a good time to point out that I actually have defective colour vision. Seriously. So, as I progress with the build, and particularly when I get to the console, I am going to need more help with colours.

However, I forge ahead undaunted.  :D

Barry

barryrwuk

The computer banks and fault locator wall. Nothing too tricky here - well, not once I realised that the lamps on the fault locator panel were smaller than those on the other panels.

fault_locator_wall.jpg

And just for fun...

fault_locator_wall_02.jpg

Barry  :D

Rassilons Rod

Time to put it all together? :)
Public Enema Number One.

barryrwuk

Hi rassilonsrod,

I am itching to start putting it all together. I must resist. I still have the Down-lighter Assembly, Scanner, floor-plates and Canopy to make. Not to mention the Console.

Of course, I'll also need to make the Central Column - I understand that you might know a bit about that yourself.  :D

Actually, the Central Column is the part I know least about so I hope it will be OK to pick your brains on the subject.

Next up: The Down-lighter Assembly

Barry

tony farrell

Work in progress (drawn at 48 pixels per inch). Coming soon to a forum near you.......

Principal Control Dimensions  Central Column 50% with orientational detectors.png

tony farrell

barryrwuk

You guys are amazing.

I can't wait to get started on the central column. It looks like those plans are going to be just what I need, Tony.

(Tony, I have sent you a pm but it is the first one that I have tried on this forum and I'm not sure if it went. Let me know if you haven't got it.)

tony farrell

Quote from: barryrwuk on Jan 24, 2015, 01:06 pm

(Tony, I have sent you a pm but it is the first one that I have tried on this forum and I'm not sure if it went. Let me know if you haven't got it.)

Got it and have replied

T

barryrwuk

I have made a start on the framework for the down-lighter assembly. No casters yet.

downlighter_01.jpg

Barry :D

tony farrell

Go on, put the computer banks behind it. You know you (er, I) wan't to!!!