Apr 19, 2024, 05:03 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hartnell Console Room Set

Started by barryrwuk, Jan 18, 2015, 12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

barryrwuk

Here is the first of the meters.

Once again I have to thank Tony for his excellent work on the plans.

The graphics are based on the ones that Dino supplied for Tony's plans. I have redrawn them only to improve the resolution.

pressure_meter_02.jpg

Barry :-)

tony farrell

Quote from: barryrwuk on Jun 15, 2015, 06:19 pm
Here is a quick plan view of the console. This render is really to remind me where I had got to.

console_wip_above.jpg

So... where was I... Oh, yes. The various meters including the Radiation Meter will be next.

Glad to be back.

Barry  :D

Nice to have you back - I can see from the gap between the two main levers that I'm going to have to get a 'move on' with the stasis switch!

barryrwuk

Actually, I think I might be on to something there. I have tried a couple of test builds but have nothing that I'm happy to post yet. Stay tuned... as they say.  :D

galacticprobe

Jun 24, 2015, 10:19 pm #153 Last Edit: Jun 24, 2015, 10:19 pm by galacticprobe
Nice work on the console, Barry. And I love what you've done with that meter! Brilliant!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

barryrwuk

Thanks Tony and Dino,

After my enforced break from console modelling I was a bit daunted at the thought of picking up where I had left off. Discovering your joint work on the meter plans was serendipitous as I was planning on making the meters next in any case.

I feel like I'm back in the flow of things now. The other three meters next...

Barry :-)

barryrwuk

So, here they are. All four of the meters.

I'm really pleased with the way these turned out.

all_four_meters.jpg

tony farrell

So you should be Barry - these are excellent.

I wonder if you and Dino would co-operate to produce the graphics 'life-size' so that they can be down-loaded in the way Dino has done for the St John Ambulance logos?

Excellent meters again!

Tony

galacticprobe

Jun 26, 2015, 04:25 am #157 Last Edit: Jun 26, 2015, 04:30 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Tony Farrell on Jun 25, 2015, 06:32 pm
So you should be Barry - these are excellent.

I wonder if you and Dino would co-operate to produce the graphics 'life-size' so that they can be down-loaded in the way Dino has done for the St John Ambulance logos?

I agree, Tony! And I don't know what more I could contribute to your suggestion. Barry already has the basic graphics for the meters (thanks to you having integrated them into your drawings). And he's done a fantastic job of fine tuning them. If Barry takes what he's done with the meters, and applies your measurements to them, then he should have no problem rendering "head-on" versions at their full scale for download.

And, Barry, if you do such renders for full-scale downloads, the only think I would suggest is doing only the meters' faces and scales: no needles or the black bottoms of the bezels. That way people could print out the graphics, set them into their meters, and then use something like the hour or minute hand from those clock-making kits for the meter needles. (Those black bezel bottoms are easily made from hardboard or stiff cardboard, and once painted black would be perfect.)

I hope I can get through all of this before the power goes out. We've got another big blow roaring through, with strong winds and hail hitting the house (and the lights are blinking). So let me run and see of there are any other posts I can get through while I've got the power. (And, Barry, if there is anything you should need from me for this project Tony suggested just let me know; post, e-mail, or PM would work.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

barryrwuk

Tony/Dino,

I'm more than happy to provide these for download. They aren't really 'mine' as they are simply high resolution copies of Dino's work.

I have created them as SVG files so they can be exported at any resolution without losing detail.

They are already as you suggest Dino - that is without pointers etc... However, they will have a pivot point marking for the pointer since this is slightly different in each case.

Would 1000px square be good enough do you think?

Let me know how to get them to you, Dino. I'll let you post them for download as I really have no idea how to use this forum.  :D

Barry

tony farrell

Barry/Dino/Moderators,
At the moment I've reached the forum's limit on how many pictures I can upload to http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=4825.0 .
If this can be resolved, may I add the full-size meter graphics to this article? (I'd very much like to make my article contain the very best and most accurate dimensions/information available for others to use in the future :).)
T

barryrwuk

I'm not sure how interesting this image will look as it travels across the top of the homepage... oh well.

Anyway... this is the base for the stasis switch.

It is, without doubt, the most difficult part I have modelled so far.

I'd really like to hear opinions on this - does it look right to you guys?

satsis_base.jpg

Cheers,

expendable

Love your meters! Good work! Makes me wish I could import them!

tony farrell

Quote from: barryrwuk on Jun 26, 2015, 10:38 pm
Anyway... this is the base for the stasis switch.
It is, without doubt, the most difficult part I have modelled so far.
I'd really like to hear opinions on this - does it look right to you guys?
satsis_base.jpg

I don't think you're going to get any better than this!
satsis_base.jpg
Tony

galacticprobe

Jun 27, 2015, 05:44 pm #163 Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015, 05:44 pm by galacticprobe
I agree with Tony. After looking at the reference image and comparing it to your render, I think you've nailed this one!

Dino.

barryrwuk

Thanks guys. You know how it is when you have been looking at something for so long that it ceases to have any meaning. I wasn't looking at the stasis base objectively in the end. Anyway, a day off and a fresh look has reassured me and I'm now quite pleased with it.

Now for the switch itself.