May 13, 2021, 05:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Smith/Capaldi TARDIS Console Room

Started by nicko4472, Sep 24, 2015, 11:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nicko4472

Sep 24, 2015, 11:45 am Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 11:45 am by nicko4472
Some of the components of the console room like the stairs and console may seem a little out of proportion, but pretty sure it's due to the FoV of the camera being lower than usual. (Had to try and fit most of the room into the shot)

Was messing around with the glass but it didn't want to work, so that will have to come in later.

OFf3Jap.jpg

Nicko  :)

ionsith

I'm curious, as a fellow 3D modeller, when you're tackling something this scale do you model and then worry about UV unwrapping or do you do it as you go?

nicko4472

Quote from: ionsith on Sep 24, 2015, 02:12 pm
I'm curious, as a fellow 3D modeller, when you're tackling something this scale do you model and then worry about UV unwrapping or do you do it as you go?

It really depends on how simple the model your modelling/UV mapping is. For something as big as this (with all the tiny little components that are yet to be added), I would be saving the UV mapping until the end. Mainly due to the fact that you don't want to have to constantly change and rearrange the UV's while also dealing with modelling other components, in the end you'd be wasting time. That being said, this is only my method of how I go about modelling/UV Mapping. In the end it doesn't really matter, you'll still get the same finish.

Nicko :)