Apr 20, 2024, 12:07 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Neutron Ram

Started by 13drwho, Jan 11, 2015, 04:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

This was an experiment with a tubing cutter. I used the tubing cutter to groove an aluminum rod to make the neutron ram from the TARDIS toolkit. I really just wanted to see if the tubing cutter could reliably make decent lines in metal for simple aluminum props. I think it worked pretty well. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Neutron Ram.jpg

galacticprobe

Jan 11, 2015, 09:05 am #1 Last Edit: Jan 11, 2015, 09:05 am by galacticprobe
Well, I'd call that a success! And once again this is one method of marking a prop that I never would have though of.

Well done, The Jason!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

13drwho

Thank you! It worked better than I expected. It's still not as good as a lathe turned one, but considering how easy it was to make I think it came out pretty well.

davidnagel

Nice!

Inspires me to do the complete toolbox now that I have one of the original helix file boxes.
Regards
David

elkad

I don't remember seeing theis in the series...... Where,.. Or should I say when, was this used?

δ³Σx²

I don't remember seeing this in the TARDIS toolkit box ???
doctorwhotoolkit.jpg
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

δ³Σx²

Please ignore my previous comment, as I looked into it more and I found an image where the Neutron Ram was in show :)
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

elkad

Are you talking about the object on the bottom left of the satchel? Thats the laser scalpel isn't it? Seen in the episode "Earthshock". The device made here is a tube with lines & the device smilier in the screencap has a 9v battery like top to it.
I'll have to look threw the episode again to see what tools he was using to be sure. I do remember Newtron Ram mention some were I just can't picture it at the moment...... ???

13drwho

It's appeared in the classic series as well as the TV Movie. In the series it is prominently featured in Arc Of Infinity. He uses it when he makes the device that detects antimatter for tracking Omega. You can occasionally see it in shots of the whole TARDIS toolkit, as in Mawdren Undead.

It was part of the TV Movie tool kit, but it was never used in the movie except in the background.

It appears as one of the tools in the Doctor Who Technical Manual.