Apr 18, 2024, 10:16 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Brachacki TARDIS Build

Started by bdhuey, Jan 08, 2015, 01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdhuey

After fiddling with the doors & giving up on the change, I started and finished construction of roof Roof construction.JPG
Completed roof  Roof construction complete.JPG  less doing the bondo. Had to accomplish something constructive today.

ticktockoldclock

hi I'm new to Tardis Builders and I've been trying to find plans for the 2005 Tardis I really love the look and the color but my friends love it because of David Tennant but I need to find a cheap way to build it because I don't have a lot of money and I am not a carpenter so I don't understand the 1:12 scale thing so if someone was willing to help me like a lot with how to build a 2005 tardis and what supplies I need that would be great. One thing I thought about was using sheets of plywood for the doors but otherwise I have no clue what to do. So if you have plans, tips, how to construct it step by step, etc.... I would be so grateful. :)

bdhuey

Here's a members post by Rassilonsrod's on 09 Jul 2012, http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=3578.0  plans with numbers from 2005 on are expressly for bidden by BBC to be posted, because of copyright. Suggest you search around the web for the plans and you can always buy them. Check EBAY, they go for $19.95 and $6.00 for shipping, USD.  Hope this helps.  I'm not a carpenter either, thank God for Bondo.

DoctorWho8

Jan 31, 2015, 04:04 pm #33 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2018, 05:35 am by kiwidoc
That's an old post, and now no longer true.  Here's proof!  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkbkaameov9rwh7/2005TARDISPlans.pdf?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

bdhuey

Sorry, new member here, still retarded on so much info to comprehend from the site. Didn't want to do anything to get me bounced.  Thanks this is great info, I'll pass it on, I also have a friend who wants to build the Tennant TARDIS.

bdhuey

Finished with roof, painted and ready for install with light once inside house.     TARDIS roof painted.JPG.  Couldn't resist adding some paint to front side after i found out the white I bought was a base only.  Frt side painted.JPG  Still have a lot to go  Right side in progress of paint.JPG  Hopefully wil start on sign boxes tomorrow. 

galacticprobe

Feb 01, 2015, 05:10 pm #36 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2015, 04:39 pm by galacticprobe
Looks like she's coming along very nicely! Hopefully by the time you're ready for it, I'll have the Table for the St. John logos finished and posted, where you'll be able to download either JPGs or PDFs of the logos. (Of course there is always Spoonflower; not long ago warmcanofcoke took one of the Hartnell/Brachacki St. John logos I gave him and had Spoonflower make up stickers with it. So you could get a sticker there as well.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

bdhuey

I'd appreciate that, Thanks.  I started and finished making the Police Call Box sign boxes today, whew.  all sign parts waiting to be built & fitted.JPG  Cut all the parts them began assembly & fitting to sign and TARDIS1st step in box assemble.JPG  side construction of box.JPGpic showing cuts for sign placement.JPGchecking sign cut for fit to pillar.JPGbox mocked up w sign.JPGPOLICE SIGN Boxes 4 done.JPG  Will fill holes, sand and paint then install lights.  Will post when all that's done.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

galacticprobe

Feb 02, 2015, 04:54 pm #38 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2015, 04:57 pm by galacticprobe
It looks like you'll be ready for that Hartnell St. John logo sticker before I get that Table finished. You might want to send a PM to warmcanofcoke to see if he has the link to the Spoonflower sticker. (He's the one who uploaded the graphic I sent him, so he's the one to go to for the Spoonflower sticker; it really looked great when he posted a test sticker photo in the St. John logo thread!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

warmcanofcoke

I'm not sure if Spoonflower makes vinyl decals anymore.  Undecided  - you can always buy the Gift wrap  . but I believe all the images are here:  http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=806.180
~Nate
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

bdhuey

Dino, I found the post where you put the St. Johns Ambulance Association decal on it. It's diameter is 4 3/8 inches/ 111.252 mm. This is the correct one for the Brachacki build, right.  If so i'll just take it the same sign shop that made my police Call Box signs and have them makeup a plastic one for me.

Volpone

I've been toying with putting a blue bottom center pane on my TARDIS.  Always good to see some peer support. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Feb 03, 2015, 07:14 am #42 Last Edit: Feb 03, 2015, 07:16 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: bdhuey on Feb 02, 2015, 11:49 pm
Dino, I found the post where you put the St. Johns Ambulance Association decal on it. It's diameter is 4 3/8 inches/ 111.252 mm. This is the correct one for the Brachacki build, right.  If so i'll just take it the same sign shop that made my police Call Box signs and have them makeup a plastic one for me.

Yes, bd; that should be the correct logo for the Brachacki/Hartnell TARDIS (if it's the logo with nothing but the arrowheads on it). The size of the logo is supposed to be either 4.5 or 5 inches in diameter. (I think the major consensus on that was 4.5 inches.) So that's the size you should have the logo printed. The original prop had a sticker for the logo, and in some of the later stories you can see the sticker really starting to peel away from the door. (Funny how the new Series 8 version of the logo is a sticker again, and in one of the Capaldi episodes, if you look closely, you can see the sticker - at about the 8 o'clock position - is slightly lifting away from the door.)

Dino.

bdhuey

Thanks, for info and help. Off to assemble Call boxes and to determine how many LED's I'll need for lighting them.  Painting the inside white to help reflect.  Will post pic's later.  Again, Thanks for all the info and help.

bdhuey

Feb 03, 2015, 11:49 pm #44 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2015, 12:05 am by bdhuey
Got one police Sign box completed and mounted. box installed.JPG  Before this had to go back and fix a problem on the bases, i thought i didn't need the full 5.5 inches on bottom base - DUHHH. Anyway, added 2 in strip on all .fixing screwup police sign box.JPG  Got it done box before assembly.JPG  Added 24" LED that you can add up to three on - what luck.24in LED installed back panel.JPG   Used zip ties to secure it, makes it easy to remove if necessary. Finished placing the glass in phone door.  The camera light hides the rough texture of the two lower outer pains.   windows in place, phone door.JPG  For grins I added a cutout of the St johns sticker.box and sticker mock up.JPG  I only have seven more windows to do and three more boxes to finish sanding, painting then install. Then it's the interior! LOL