Started by tony farrell, Dec 14, 2014, 09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tony farrell

This drawing shows the 'directors' fitted to the dipoles:

directors.png

T

galacticprobe

Mar 22, 2015, 05:53 am #136 Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015, 05:53 am by galacticprobe
Wow, Tony! You're cranking these fabulous drawings out like lightning! So many, and they're wonderfully done. They're also filling up my hard drive (and I like it!). ;) ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

Mar 22, 2015, 10:44 pm #137 Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015, 10:45 pm by Tony Farrell
I think, Dino, that my hard drive is overflowing!  :D

So, to make a bit more room:

basket.png

T

Rassilons Rod

I think you might need to tweak that last one a bit Tony.... If as you say, only the INNER most segments are solid, then they will be drilled out anyway to make space for the mast.  Which is why in the diagram on the RHS, the mast obscures the solid ones... Which kind of makes the inner segments irrelevant.

Isn't the next ring of segments solid?

If I was the kind of guy to squee, I'd be doing it right now... I really love these diagrams of the central column (perhaps even more than the rest... perhaps) :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Mar 23, 2015, 10:51 am #139 Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015, 10:56 am by Tony Farrell
"Squee"? Hmmm...... Sounds like something a teenage girl would do (no offence to teenage girls)! Still, glad you like the drawings - they're taking me long enough to do!

As regards the 'next ring of segments' being solid, I have to disagree... I know Chris/Celation has them being solid on his wonderful console but, I think this is incorrect.

con12a.png

If the next ring of segments were to have been solid, then daylight shouldn't be visible through the array at the point circled behind the Zarbi....  Oh for some decent contemporary photos, people in the 1960s just had no consideration for future Tardis Builders!!!!

As always, if someone can come up with better reference material, I'll happily change my drawing(s)

T

tony farrell

Hi Marc,

Hopefully this revised drawing clarifies my thinking:

basket.png

T

markofrani

Looks like you might be right Tony. Great drawings once again!

M-3D-06-008.jpg

Rassilons Rod

I was thinking there is a flat area that you can only really see from a higher angle that would be solid.
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Mar 23, 2015, 03:25 pm #143 Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015, 03:25 pm by galacticprobe
Wow, markofrani; that is a huge image! I just opened it in a new window and, well, it's huge! You can really see some great detail in it. (How and where did you find such a large image? And how many more of that size to you have?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

kiwidoc

I've been meaning to ask for a while - does it look like one of the 'directors' is blue in this photo?   Would there be any other corresponding evidence for this or more likely an artefact of this one photo for some reason (reflection?) ?

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Mar 23, 2015, 10:51 am

con12a.png

Rassilons Rod

Mar 23, 2015, 08:40 pm #145 Last Edit: Mar 23, 2015, 08:41 pm by rassilonsrod
I'm sure I can see a filled area in that inferno shot........

Certainly the first 3 rings (from the top) are hollowed out... But that fourth one, before the metal support....
Public Enema Number One.

timewomble

I think that solid bit is actually where another part of the innards has fallen into the basket.

Rassilons Rod

Tony, I just noticed that you went from 24" to 23.67" for the height of the mast... When did that happen?
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Here mate, after Dino pointed out the curious reflections under the parabolic 'array':

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5884.msg72635#msg72635

T

tony farrell

Quote from: kiwidoc on Mar 23, 2015, 08:01 pm
I've been meaning to ask for a while - does it look like one of the 'directors' is blue in this photo?   Would there be any other corresponding evidence for this or more likely an artefact of this one photo for some reason (reflection?) ?

Quote from: Tony Farrell on Mar 23, 2015, 10:51 am

con12a.png

I think you're right Kiwidoc, one of the directors does look blue. Strangely, one of the 'directors' on the Pertwee iteration of the column was blue as well! History repeating?

T