Apr 25, 2024, 06:07 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Time Crack Wall Light

Started by caitlinsdad, Nov 18, 2014, 08:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

caitlinsdad

Nov 18, 2014, 08:37 pm Last Edit: Nov 18, 2014, 08:38 pm by caitlinsdad
I had built my TARDIS bookcase a while ago which I posted in the galleries and thought what else could be done on a small scale. There have been other time crack in the wall lamps but mine is an actual wall or could be part of one.

The details of the build are over on instructables and a video of it in action. http://www.instructables.com/id/Doctor-Who-Time-Crack-in-the-Universe-Wall-Light/

crackdark.JPGcracklight.JPG

13drwho

This is an AWESOME idea!! I thought about painting the crack on my wall, but your idea is so excellent. I'm going to have to build one. Really, really mindblowing idea!!!!

caitlinsdad

Thanks. If you are into electronics, there are so many options you can do with this like using it to flash your wakeup call, alarm, incoming phone call or doorbell.

The14thDr

This is beyond awesome! I might have to give one of these a go myself, although I'll make mine static and non-lit just to save time and money. Nice job caitlinsdad.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

caitlinsdad

Actually it was pretty fast to knock together. And those LED strip packages are relatively inexpensive if you find them on those auction sites, even cheaper if you wait for those overseas sites. You could do with standard lighting but those LED strips put out an incredible amount of lumens.