Apr 19, 2024, 11:44 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2013-2014 TARDIS Monitor Displays?

Started by Fett202, Oct 27, 2014, 03:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Well Guys, this is something that I started yesterday. Its not finished, not by a long shot, but, this is the 3rd render. The first the Gallifreyan symbols were too big and the 2nd the transitions for some of them didnt work too well. So this is where I've got so far. The text at the end needs to be re-aligned. it looked ok on the clip before it was rendered  :-[

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxam81kjbot9e4l/Produce_0.avi?dl=0

Thoughts

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

Oct 30, 2014, 10:27 pm #16 Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014, 10:35 pm by galacticprobe
Not bad at all, BioDoc! If you're planning to improve on that I'll be very interested in seeing the results. Is that the moving image you're planning for the oval monitor in the console?

Quote from: timewomble on Oct 30, 2014, 09:30 am
There's a slightly better still shot which I posted earlier in this thread in a spoiler tag. I may have been over-cautious.

Yes; I looked at that one as well. It's a bit bright in the graphics (nice resolution), but even in that image you can still see the flat sides of the rectangular monitor underneath the oval opening. They're just barely there, but you can see them. So it looks like there's a wide screen monitor under the oval opening in the panel.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Well I spose this one would be versatile with both Dino. Its mainly for the two swivel monitors though. I've got a few bits I want to add to the sequence ;) But as River would say..."Spoilers"

BioDoctor900

davidnagel

Good work Bio.

By no means any help at all but I did give something *similar* a go once: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK1QlIgks8o

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to that finished screensaver ;)
Regards
David

BioDoctor900

Oct 31, 2014, 12:12 pm #19 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014, 10:13 pm by BioDoctor900
Looks Good David and I noticed one Matt Chambers in your video, hes a good friend of mine

And It still needs a lot of work. I have however finished one clip, which wasn't too hard to make...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs40GSkBHS8&list=UU2D1A_yzMr5JlVTSmPnL9bg

This was the reference image I worked from, I couldn't find the right font though, so this was as close as I could get it....

Untitled.png

I'm also trying my best to upload Renders of the video as I go, but it becomes somewhat annoying when you have to wait ages for the videos to both render and then upload to Youtube

BioDoctor900

BioDoctor900

Hi Guys,

Well I've been working on the Monitor screen and I'm close to finishing, Its got sound effects on top too. Here's the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4neTu4GSfQ

I've got a few tweaks to make,

- such as some of the gallifreyan when it rotates and changes to a different symbol, it glitches slightly

- Adding in the smaller rotating Symbols to the central ring

- Modifying the text, possibly

- Making a few more SA bits for it

- Adding/Deleting the clips. Not too sure on what works best if I'm honest

Thoughts??

BioDoctor900

TheWitch

BioDoctor900

Try it now, settings went a bit funny  ::)

BioDoctor900

TheWitch

Someone could try and recreate these :