News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tom Baker Who's Tardis

Started by tom baker who, Oct 18, 2014, 10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tom baker who

Oct 18, 2014, 10:59 pm Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 08:36 pm by Scarfwearer
DSCN2734.jpg
Off work for 2 months so I figured I would build something I have wanted most of my life.
Four weeks later here is what I came up with.

Volpone

Quite nice. For "Not going for accurate", she turned out definitely looking like a TARDIS. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

tom baker who

I wanted to get her done by Halloween. Planning on handing out candy from inside.
Now I just have to figure out how to move her to the front yard. ;D

davidnagel

Nicely done!
Regards
David

kiwidoc

Good proportions, nice windows - well done that man!   :D

Volpone

Along with moving a TARDIS with a faulty dematerialization circuit, you may be stuck offering kids Gummy Bears, because it is a pain in the butt to get Jelly Babies in the US.  ;)
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Oct 20, 2014, 06:01 am #6 Last Edit: Oct 20, 2014, 06:01 am by galacticprobe
Deleted my last comment now that there's a fantastic photo up there! She's a lovely Old Girl! Well done.

And as for those jelly babies:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-BAGS-OF-190-GR-JELLY-BABIES-BASSETTS-BRITISH-CANDY-UK-/271085059104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1dedbc20

Order them now and the estimated delivery date is between Oct 27 and Oct 31, so you might have them by Halloween. (And the price for that many jelly babies doesn't look that bad, even with shipping!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tom baker who

I was trying to figure an easy way to darken the windows without having to use tint or paint so
I decided to use some Halloween tablecloth material. I think it will do for now.
DSCN2749.jpg

mobius

I can buy jelly babies in Cambridge (MA, USA) in Harvard square there's a store called Cardullo's that sells them. by the box though, it would get expensive and one can't really hand out individual unwrapped candies in this day and age, alas. oh, beautiful box btw! I thought about setting mine up on my porch for halloween, but after moving it from the cellar to the 3rd floor, it ain't moving anywhere again til I get the demat circuit working! d: (also still not done yet. )
It's always a matter of time...

tom baker who

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will probably just hand out the traditional items for Halloween.
Jelly babies are a bit too pricey for my blood. I will also hand out little toys and the like to the kids
with allergies to certain candies. My friend is looking into using a lift truck from his work down the street
from my house to move this blue lady out front.

DoctorWho8

So when is the wedding for your TARDIS and Scott's TARDIS?  Well done a quick build.  You are known Central Illinois TARDIS Builder #6 (7 if I include the Dubuque, IA TARDIS as it does make trips in Illinois).
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

geminitimelord

Very nice box. Now the Quad Cities has two.

galacticprobe

Oct 26, 2014, 02:15 pm #12 Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 02:15 pm by galacticprobe
Hey, Scott! Nice to see you back in action! (You have been missed!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tom baker who

Thanks guys. Nice to be a part of the Who universe. Got her moved to the front yard yesterday with the help of 3 neighbors. That was a chore in itself.
CAM01552.jpg
Also picked up a phone at a local flea market today. Not accurate but it Called to me. ;D
CAM01555.jpg

expendable

Nice phone, looks like a good find! The box looks great in your front yard!