Apr 19, 2024, 08:20 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My Virtual Sonic Screwdrivers

Started by d0ct0r200004, Oct 07, 2014, 07:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Sep 16, 2015, 06:15 pm #15 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2015, 06:15 pm by galacticprobe
Very nice all round, especially that 2nd Doctor sonic! You made it look like the real thing, right down to that odd "Cornelia Marie blue" color! (Now if only I could find one of those that wasn't outrageously expensive I'd nab it for my 2nd Doctor persona.)

Well done!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

d0ct0r200004

I'd print it off if I had a 3D printer, the money, and stuff. but you know.

Something I really want to do is print off all my props and stuff and make them work using character options stuff or just making my own. but money is a problem.
-Doc204

galacticprobe

Sep 17, 2015, 03:51 am #17 Last Edit: Sep 17, 2015, 03:51 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: d0ct0r200004 on Sep 16, 2015, 10:32 pm
I'd print it off if I had a 3D printer, the money, and stuff. but you know.

...money is a problem.

Believe me... I feel your pain. :P

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

d0ct0r200004

Who likes the idea of Sonic Sunglasses? I mean really?

Well, they're Cannon now so I thought I might as well dip my hand in and see what a 3D model of them would turn out like. Turns out pretty good!

Glasses 1.png

That's a rather wired view of them but Meh. Still don't like the idea of them.

I also did some TARDIS keys

2.png

3.png

4.png

didn't think it worth opening a new board for them. Whatcha think?
-Doc204

galacticprobe

Oct 08, 2015, 07:43 am #19 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 07:44 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: d0ct0r200004 on Oct 07, 2015, 01:44 am
...Sonic Sunglasses? I mean really?

I believe I hear an echo of what's being said in my house! My thoughts? :P :P :P

Quote from: d0ct0r200004 on Oct 07, 2015, 01:44 am
didn't think it worth opening a new board for them. Whatcha think?

For the keys? Maybe a new topic would be good for them, especially if you want to model the original Yale key, then the 3rd/4th Doctors' key (which is the same, by the way; they didn't make a different version for Tom Baker). Then you've got the Yale-style key that came back with the 5th Doctor. That odd 7th Doctor key barely seen in a couple of the last Classic stories. Then there's the 8th Doctor key, which is similar to the 3rd/4th Doctors' key, but more refined (Google "1-800-TREKKER TARDIS Key" and look at some images and you'll see what I mean). And then there are all the different versions seen in the New Series: different 'key' patterns, different lengths...

Yeah... if you're going to go all out like you've done with the sonic screwdrivers, I would definitely have a separate topic for the TARDIS keys. (But that's just me.)

Dino.

d0ct0r200004

Oct 08, 2015, 02:55 pm #20 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 03:01 pm by d0ct0r200004
Making the keys like that is hard work... But yeah, I'm only going to do them two for now :D

The Sonics are still being worked on the most, But sonic glasses are just... wired... I mean, they look good but why do they need to be sonic when you have a screwdriver which is excellent enough?

But well, we've got to live through it. I could see the Sonic Glasses as being part of the screwdriver, like connected to them but so far they don't seem to be any reference to that being the case. I could see them being used the way they were last Saturday, that was a good idea, using them to send a image. Sorta a throw back to Smith using Rory as eyes by using glasses.

Fun Fact though - If you watch a episode from Smith's era (can't remember the name atm...) they look very similar to what they now call Sonic Sunglasses. I'll see if I can find a image online.

EDIT: Found it!

who.jpg

EDIT 2: Cold blood I think it's called?

EDIT 3: Hungry Earth in fact.
-Doc204

d0ct0r200004

Got around to updating this again! I built this about 24 hours after it was first seen, and I'm rather proud of it (given how little reference there was of it at the time)

12th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver!

12thdocsonic.jpg

I really like this Sonic, it's probably the biggest change to the sonic for a long time and I like that, it's design is great (and reminds me of the TARDIS slightly) and is completely different then any of the others from the show.

12thdocsonic2.jpg

The Emitter is another thing I'm proud of, I mean, yet again, little reference but I still got that from it. I will be updating it once it's got a lot more reference (if not rebuilding it) but for now I'm happy.

12thdocsonic3.jpg

So yeah, what do you guys think?
-Doc204

d0ct0r200004

Whoo I've remembered to update this! :D

Finished this last November and forgot to update this post. here's it in full.

1.JPG

That's right boys and girls! I remade my 12th Doctor's Sonic! Remember when I said that I built the last one without any reference except what was shown on screen in the 2015 episode? well this time I had reference! Here's some up close pictures of it.

2.JPG

This bit was a pain to get right but finally manged it, looks a lot better then the old one.

3.JPG

Just more detail here

4.JPG

These were the things that took longest to do and I think it pays off

5.JPG

And the emitter looks a lot better

6.JPG

and here's a image of it active in blue mode

7.JPG

And this is it in green mode, hope you guys like it!
-Doc204

galacticprobe

Jan 06, 2017, 04:19 am #23 Last Edit: Jan 06, 2017, 04:19 am by galacticprobe
Looks great, 004! You've done a great job with the detailing (or re-detailing ;)). I really like how that blue and green glow looks in the images with the emitter active. Well done!

Dino.