Mar 29, 2024, 05:16 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

BioDoctor900's Amalgamated Console and Room

Started by BioDoctor900, Aug 23, 2014, 12:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

Sep 04, 2014, 10:49 pm #15 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014, 09:12 pm by BioDoctor900
Well I've been doing the console in dribs and drabs lately, partly to do with the fact that I've had cons to go to and doing college work which I deliberately....unfortunately forgot about  :P ;D But the TARDIS now has a Console room, A Library/Study, a Swimming Pool, A workshop and two bedrooms. I had to spend a lot of time fixing errors in the model.... ::) that took a while....but this is how it looks at the minute....

21.png

22.png

24.png
Lights in the swimming pool

I've got a few more walls to rondel up and then finish furnishing. I'm also planning on having a kitchen, an observatory and i'd like to make an architectural configuration room

More Soon....

BioDoctor900

BioDoctor900

Sep 06, 2014, 09:04 am #16 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2014, 09:05 am by BioDoctor900
Well I've finished the Workshop/Lab...

25.png
Birds Eye View

26.png
Central Workbench

27.png
Workshop Tools

Thoughts? More Soon

BioDoctor900

expendable

Sep 06, 2014, 08:32 pm #17 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2014, 08:34 pm by expendable
I think your workshop needs a couple of fabrication units to produce small parts and sheet stock extrusion for the other equipment to work on, perhaps a sheet metal brake for folding? You have a lathe, so you need a beam extrusion unit too. A laser cutting table, possibly mounted on a bare wall to work vertically might be helpful!

You have two bedrooms next to your workshop, maybe you should re-purpose those rooms and build bedrooms a little farther out or branching off the pool hallway? A sickbay and kitchen would be good choices next to your workshop. Don't forget to add walk-in refrigerators and freezers. A couple of large rooms nearby as a hydroponics garden and a fish farm might be good choices. Or even an ordinary garden room. A dining room connected to the kitchen would be good, too.

galacticprobe

Sep 06, 2014, 11:05 pm #18 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2014, 11:09 pm by galacticprobe
I like expendable's suggestion of a Kitchen and Dining area. Maybe a little "architectural reconfiguration system" tweak for ergonomics could give you something like this? (Forgive the crude lines; it's the only graphics app on this particular computer.)
Suggestion.jpg
If the Workshop was moved away from the Bedrooms, say down another hallway off the left after leaving the Library (the yellow arrow for hallway, and yellow circle for the new hexagon for the relocated Workshop - so any noise from work or experiments wouldn't keep companions awake), the room next to the bedrooms could be divided by a half wall (the yellow dotted arrow), with the Kitchen on one side, and the Dining Area on the other. Then companions could grab a midnight snack of they get hungry without having to wander too far from the bedrooms. And with the Kitchen area on the side to the hallway, you could get a snack or something from the Kitchen and take it to the workshop without disturbing the companions.

Just a thought (and I do wish this was what my house looked like!).
Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

Well I have changed the rooms around...

29.png
Wardrobe

30.png
Wardobe Close Up

31.png
Layout

The empty room is going to be a kitchen/dining room and the bedrooms will be the other side. I also want a cloister room and an architectural configuration type room and possibly a second control room

More Soon

BioDoctor900

galacticprobe

Sep 06, 2014, 11:48 pm #20 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2014, 11:50 pm by galacticprobe
Okay, now I really wish this was what my house was like! (If I ever get the money - and enough land area - I'm putting up geodesic domes with interconnecting walkways, and building rooms like these inside them. Who gives a frack if it looks like a Moonbase on the outside? If it looks like this on the inside, I'll regenerate a happy Timelord, after living in this a long, long time!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

BioDoctor900

So if anyone wondered how I do the walls, its like this....

28.png

I've done the Kitchen/Diner/Living Room...

32.png

33.png

And I've added two new rooms to the other side...

35.png

Got to edit the walkways slightly and work out which rooms to do next...

More Soon

BioDoctor900

expendable

I like the kitchen/dining/lounge area, very nice! Will you be doing a corridor with bedrooms branching off of them? A bathroom perhaps on the end? Or will each room have its own private bath, hotel style?

The Wardrobe is very nice, especially that spiral staircase - is there an upper/lower story for it to connect to?

BioDoctor900

Well I've been busy at college, so this has kind of gone on the back burner, but I try to do it as and when I can

I downloaded this Beauty....

36.png

I added a glass roof to the top. Then I put in the innards to the consoles rotor..

38.png

And this is the floor plan so far....

37.png

More Soon

BioDoctor900

the_prop_maniac

It looks great Biodoc! At least now, we can see whats in your head ;) .

- Tom
(P.S, Just a suggestion, but maybe change the flooring in some rooms to make it more of a variety?)
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

galacticprobe

Sep 25, 2014, 04:35 am #25 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2014, 04:36 am by galacticprobe
I definitely want to live in this place! As for that empty room, perhaps the Architectural Reconfiguration System, with a corridor leading off one of the sides to the Cloister Room. And just a suggestion, but maybe you could have another corridor coming off of the Kitchen/Dining Room, with short branches coming off of that, each leading to a Bedroom so you could move the bedrooms closer to the food source? At least that way, if someone wanted a midnight snack, they wouldn't have to walk so far to get it.

As it is now, to get that snack, one would have to walk from wherever that arrow points (possibly through that yet-empty room), then through the door to the right, down the corridor, make a right at the 'fork', down the corridor past the intersection, through the door at the end into the Lab/Workshop, through the door to the left, into the corridor, take an immediate right, down the corridor, through the door at the end and then into the kitchen. (And reverse all that just to get back to bed. :P)

I'd be too wide awake to even try going back to sleep after a hike like that! :o ;)

Dino.