Apr 19, 2024, 06:49 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Caldellin's Custom Newberry console

Started by caldellin, Feb 13, 2021, 04:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

caldellin

They're gaming switches. I found them on Ebay:AC 600V 10A 2 Position Two N/O NO Momentary Wobble Joy Stick Switch. They're rather larger than the Davroc switches, I guess - but the one with the red knob makes a good door control!
Calldellin

Cardinal Hordriss

Apr 03, 2021, 09:25 pm #31 Last Edit: Apr 03, 2021, 09:33 pm by Cardinal Hordriss
Thanks. I'd love to have a couple on my console but I've no idea where I could fit them in.

EDIT - Could replace the cooker nobs... lol.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

caldellin

Pleasure. LOVE the cooker knobs  >:(
Calldellin

Cardinal Hordriss

Well I got a couple of the joystick switches on Amazon. They arrived today. To accommodate them I'd need to cut holes in the underside of the console to make room for the box so now I'm in 2 minds about the whole thing which as s shame because they're awesome switches.
I speak to you from the final days of Gallifrey. I am the past you have forgotten. You are the future I will not live to see...

caldellin

Yes, they do take a lot of space on the underside of a control panel - although once in all you see is the joystick itself.
Calldellin

Cardinal Hordriss

I can do it! I took the box off and it still clicks and locks in place!

Jade

I do like the look of those joystick switches myself. As I don't have an idea for a door control I may take up your advice and get one.

Cardinal Hordriss

Looks like you've really started something Caldellin lol.

Mine are installed and I love them. Just need to get a couple of surrounds for the base. I think the things you get around yale type locks will do.

caldellin

Calldellin