Apr 19, 2024, 04:27 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A attempt at a 2013 interior

Started by LMC97, Sep 10, 2014, 06:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

δ³Σx²

Yeah, looks much better now :)
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

galacticprobe

Nov 12, 2014, 07:26 am #226 Last Edit: Nov 12, 2014, 07:27 am by galacticprobe
The bottom, rounded "V" in your buttresses' 'cut-out' openings under the catwalk still need some tweaking. The bottoms should go down a bit farther; right now they look a bit "shallow". And then where they curve upward they should be smooth, round curves:
ButtressV.jpg
The yellow arrows show what I mean. Also, bringing your buttresses' cut-outs' bottoms down a bit would give the cut-outs more of the shape of the actual set's.

I hope this helps.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Nov 13, 2014, 05:46 am #228 Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 06:06 am by galacticprobe
Actually, it's more like this:

The set buttress (bottom of the cut-out highlighted by the yellow arrow)...
ButtressU.jpg
(I'll get to the red arrow in a sec...)

111.jpg
...and a tweak on your buttress' cut-out's bottom (yellow dotted line), so the profile looks a bit narrower, reaches down a little deeper, and has more of a smooth curve to it, like the set's.

Now about that red arrow I mentioned... something I noticed while trying to make that yellow dotted line: that outward curve on the buttress where that red arrow above is pointing should also be a smoother curve. There is a red dotted line on the tweaked render image above that shows the smoother curve.

Does that make sense?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

I understand (I think). Thanks for the help Dino.  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

I have done the new changes as best as I can. (This might have to be the last modification on this part)
112.jpg

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Nov 14, 2014, 05:13 am #231 Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014, 05:13 am by galacticprobe
I'd call that good. Now I can't wait to see more.

Dino.

davidnagel

Shockingly brilliant attention to detail from everyone, good work LMC - absolutely loving this.
Regards
David

LMC97

Just a little glimpse at the new walls in the interior.
21.jpg
22.jpg
Thanks you Galacticprobe and The13ThDctor for the help. I will post more as soon as I sort out few issues.

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

LMC97

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

vortex maker

LMC97

Nov 18, 2014, 07:39 pm #237 Last Edit: Nov 18, 2014, 07:42 pm by LMC97
Nearly finished fixing issues like this.
113.jpg
Not long until they are done.
114.jpg

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Nov 19, 2014, 05:13 am #238 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2014, 05:14 am by galacticprobe
Seriously, all of you Virtual Builders have some impressive talent, and this is just another example of that. Looking great!

Dino.

δ³Σx²

Nov 19, 2014, 08:42 am #239 Last Edit: Nov 19, 2014, 08:42 am by The13thDctor
This is looking awesome LMC :)
But there is a small change that you might want to make, the lights going the top of the walls only contain 3 lights in each of the 3 sections and then it becomes 2 when the door is there. As shown in in this picture, you can see the glare off of the lights.
Screenshot_2014-11-19-08-32-24-1-1-1-1.png
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.