Apr 25, 2024, 09:14 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A attempt at a 2013 interior

Started by LMC97, Sep 10, 2014, 06:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Nov 01, 2014, 02:46 pm #195 Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014, 03:02 pm by galacticprobe
Almost there, and you're doing a magnificent job! To help with some final tweaks, if you take another look at the TARDIS set...
Steps01.jpg
... first you'll notice the bottom step and the one just above it are the same width front to back. (That part is totally trivial at this point because yours is pretty darned close enough to say it's good: just mentioned for reference for what comes next.) Then, to get the proportions right, you'll notice that the first part (about half) of that bottom step is "straight", the same as the step above it (the yellow arrows). The blue arrows show the angle where that bottom step flares out (about the second half). Then, the red arrows show how that bottom step sits with its flared front edges in front of the platform's lip.

18.jpg
So, if you straighten out the first half of the bottom step so it matches the step above it, keep that flared angle of the second half (all shown with the red arrows) but pull in its outer corners (narrowing that front edge of the bottom step to about where those dotted yellow arrows are), you'll keep the angle, flare and shape of the step, but also get the platform's lip to go behind the step like it is on the actual set.

Does that makes sense?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

I've now edited the step (finally) I hope it's right now.
94.jpg95.jpg
More updates coming soon (I think)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

vortex maker

On small stuff like that, I just decide "no one is going to notice that in any of the animation I do with it, I can just leave it and it will be fine". That's my approach to things. If I don't need to model/texture it to get good results, than I'm not going to.

LMC97

A quick update. During the weekend I had a attempt at making the TARDIS phone and other door modifications. This is my result.
96.jpg
I might post pictures of the door modification later.
That's all for now

LMC  :)
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Nov 04, 2014, 04:57 am #199 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014, 04:57 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: LMC97 on Nov 03, 2014, 04:45 pm
I've now edited the step (finally) I hope it's right now.

Perfect, LMC! You've nailed it with that last edit. The phone inside the cubby looks fantastic as well.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

Nov 04, 2014, 09:19 am #200 Last Edit: Nov 04, 2014, 09:31 am by LMC97
here's just a few changes I did.
98.jpgNew door handles97.jpgEdited hinges99.jpgNew phone box100.jpgAnd I'm thinking of adjusting the lock101.jpg

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

davidnagel

I don't know if its the camera settings you have, or the scale of the console - but having recently visited the set, its actually considerably smaller than it looks onscreen.

Unless I'm just too big LOL

Loving the progress on this though. Does Google Sketchup(?) support texturing it further for 3d/realistic rendering?
Regards
David

LMC97

103.jpg
I'm not sure if it is the camera settings. I'll try to sort it out later.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

Rassilons Rod

The settings for the lens can make a huge difference, but you would also do well to adjust the angle and position of the camera too.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

jakaboomaddness

this is really good, love the attention to detail! well done there!!

j

Tempus Fugit

Looking really good!

But it's 'OFFICERS AND CARS'  ;)

LMC97

Whoops. I'll fix it while I fix the lock. Thanks for pointing it out.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Nov 05, 2014, 05:20 am #207 Last Edit: Nov 05, 2014, 05:20 am by galacticprobe
One small tweak (aside from the "OFFICERS & CARS") is on the large door handle. Like its smaller counterpart on the PTO panel, it also has only one screw hole at each end.

Dino.

LMC97

I did the modifications (I'm hoping I did them right)
104.jpg
However I'm not done with the door yet.

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

δ³Σx²

There is just one small change I can see on this image that needs doing. "OFFICERS & CARS" should be changed to "OFFICERS AND CARS"
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.