Mar 29, 2024, 11:57 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A attempt at a 2013 interior

Started by LMC97, Sep 10, 2014, 06:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LMC97

Just a little update. Right, I know the siege lever was featured in the 2014 interior, but I couldn't help myself from trying to making it.
78.jpg

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

The chairs are now done. I think.
80.jpg
I will now attach them to the actual interior.

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

A few quick screenshots of the chairs and side console in the interior.
81.jpg82.jpg83.jpg
Now what do I do  :-\

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

δ³Σx²

Woah looking really awesome mate, I think you should work on the the handrails around the TARDIS. As I think you should leave working on the console controls till last as that is what will take most of the time to get done (when it does come to that I suggest you focus on one panel at a time)
But yeah it is looking great.

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
Dum inter homines, sumus colamus humanitatem. Cum tacent clament.

LMC97

I had a feeling that some would suggest the handrails because now I made the chairs, they can now connect to the handrails.  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Oct 23, 2014, 06:45 pm #171 Last Edit: Oct 23, 2014, 06:46 pm by galacticprobe
Is there another side console and set of chairs right next to the main entrance doors? I thought there were only two, and that they were at roughly "10 o'clock" and "2 o'clock" relative to the console, with the main doors being at "6 o'clock" relative to the console (that is, standing at the console with the doors to your back).

I can see the one side console in the middle of the foreground (just barely poking into the image), and the other side console to its right in the image. But for some reason that side console and the chairs next to the main entryway look out of place. Other than that, this looks outstanding!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

LMC97

This is the best I can do.
85.jpg
Thanks for the comment  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

LMC97

Had another go at sorting out the chairs and side console
86.jpg
I hope it's right.  :-\

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Oct 29, 2014, 04:25 am #174 Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014, 04:50 am by galacticprobe
That position definitely looks better, LMC. The side console I wasn't sure about, though, was this one:
83.jpg
highlighted by the yellow arrows. If that is a side console, then there's one too many. There are only two around the edge of that platform: the one you've just positioned very nicely (in your last image), and the other one on the right side of the image. (I think that one is in the right place.) But the thing the yellow arrows are point to looks like another side console.

In fact here's a shot of the actual set from about the same angle as the one in your render (the render before you repositioned the side console near the entrance):
tardis84.jpg
From this point of view, there should be a set of stairs leading from the console platform up to where you're standing. (And aside from the lack of large floor vents - this image being of the Series 7b console room - things look pretty much the same; the little round "vents" might need a little shifting in your render, but on the whole they're in pretty good spots. Just add the 18 large vents to this image of the set and you've got your render for Series 7b+: as in the 50th onwards.)

I wish I had an image of the set with the large floor vents from this angle, but I'm afraid this is the only one from this angle that I have so far. I know it's before they added the large vents to the floor, but I don't think they changed much else so hopefully this image will be of some help to you.

And if that component the yellow arrows are point to isn't another side console, could you let us know what it is?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

δ³Σx²

Hey Dino, the bit where you are thinking is another console is LMCs stairs to the upper platform. If you look at the other photos this will show you that it is the stairs next to the console. :)

LMC97

Here's another image to confirm that it is the bottom of the stairs.
87.jpg
I will re-model them though because they don't look the same to the ones on the actual interior. I do have a rough idea on what to change. I hope to post the changes soon.  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

δ³Σx²

Hey LMC I have just noticed that your "drain" is in the wrong place in comparision to your stairs. But I think your stairs are a little too wide (hope this image helps to see what I mean)
image.jpg

Rassilons Rod

The stairs also have extra angles in the front instead of being flat.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

δ³Σx²

They look pretty flat to me :/
image.jpg