Completly custom TARDIS and interior - Eve mk1

Started by jakaboomaddness, Sep 05, 2014, 08:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jakaboomaddness

I guess like you guys I really want my own TARDIS (mainly for the garden) and like many of you on this board I have to quell this desire by making virtual ones instead, which although is not the same I still enjoy.

after about a year of using Sketchup 8 I have finally decided to make a custom-very-out-there TARDIS that is completely my own design, I will say now it is going to be pretty unique and extremely different in many aspects so if there is anything you don't like im very sorry!

Pictures will start coming soon

the_prop_maniac

Well, no two consoles are the same! ;) . I use SketchUp 8 as well, and I'm currently modelling a cross-over Old Who, New Who console :) .

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

expendable

Hey, I'd like to see something completely different! hehehe

handofomega

Been playing with Sketch Up for years.    Post, please!!!  Love to see other folks stuff.

jakaboomaddness

OKAY!! (Gasping) ive finally managed to get pictures on here (had to do type and pics on separate posts because otherwise the file was too large to upload to TB :'() you would not believe what it took to get those on here but here they are nonetheless!  :D

i was going for a nimbler, thinner, taller box then the wider, beefier, generally bigger box used in the modern DW series

i suppose i should explain the base, basically this is the first part where my imagination can go technical

-inner centre ring: comet warp drives
-outer centre ring: grade II anti-grav drives (made up of two diodes, one to cancel out the effects of gravity, the other to give thrust)
-black & grey circles in corners: 2-in-1 surface suction pads and concealed anchoring hooks (for when landed)
-the 16 small silver circles: thrusters (slowing, stopping, taking off, speeding up)

just pics of my draft interior now, more to come!!  ;D

LMC97

Sep 23, 2014, 04:53 pm #6 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014, 10:07 am by LMC97
If this helps with taking pictures, have you've tried export then 2D graphic(which I think it mean Picture) and it hides the axes as well. That's what I do. Also I like your TARDIS.  :)

LMC
Next stop, EVERYWHERE

expendable

If your pictures are too big, you'll need to use a program like GIMP or Photoshop to crop/reduce them. And LMC's right about using File => Export => 2D Graphic.

I like the anchor points, it would keep the locals from carting off the Tardis. But since you already have thrusters, why do you need a second anti-gravity diode for thrust?

The box is thin - looks malnourished. Someone find this box a rift! What are you using to texture?

jakaboomaddness

cheers you two ill make sure i do that for next time i try getting pics on here
basically the diodes are there to keep the ship going at lower power whereas the thrusters are there to speed up, slow down, up, stop the ship at very high power, so the diodes are strong enough to move the ship but not enough to do much else!
and yeah sorry about that frankly i didnt mean for it to be that thin but i'm quite happy how it came out nonetheless

jakaboomaddness

Dun dun daaaaa

The blood curdling play around interior

This is only as an experiment of my sketchup skills (even though it was built a few months ago) but will be incorporated into the finished ship as a sort of secondary control room sort of thing...

So photosInterior 6.jpgInterior 5.jpgInterior 4.jpgInterior 3.jpgInterior 1.jpg

If you guys want any more pics of have any questions ask me and I'll answer them in another post!!

LMC97

Next stop, EVERYWHERE

galacticprobe

Oct 15, 2014, 04:51 am #11 Last Edit: Oct 15, 2014, 04:51 am by galacticprobe
I love all the levers and meters; it's very reminiscent of the 1st Doctor's console. I can see that the two monitors on the console are fixed in place, but is that overhead monitor intended to be able to swivel around on that support track/ring?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

the_prop_maniac

Well, it either swivels round, or is fixed, like the one on the Eighth Doctor's Console.

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

jakaboomaddness

yeah it swivels (i was thinking more of eleventh doctors ctrl room) sorry its not very clear, i sort of made it as an afterthought! :/

- j

jakaboomaddness

Now the beginning of a new console and room! this is gonna be fun! :D
starting.jpg

ill post more pictures soon