Apr 19, 2024, 08:24 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Complete rebuild and lighting

Started by Senseidale, Sep 03, 2014, 07:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Senseidale

Hi Dino
It would be a pleasure so consider it done,I will, if you would like,   a St Johns sign (from your dimensions/  PDF) I had four made so one on your Tardis door would look great.
Can you please PM you address.
Dale
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

galacticprobe

Sep 07, 2015, 08:08 pm #76 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2015, 08:08 pm by galacticprobe
Thank you so much, Dale! PM sent.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

:)  A little work done last night in a somewhat cold in the garage/ man cave /workshop cut out frame for pull sign not to happy so will improve later tonight with Missy's (the master) permission also managed to do
some glossing on window frames.

IMG_a1851.jpgIMG_a1852.jpg

Dale

galacticprobe

Sep 09, 2015, 05:42 pm #78 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2015, 05:44 pm by galacticprobe
She's looking really good, Dale! I see you've got the lock on the left door just like the original. Are you having to use a "left hand" lock? Or is it just a regular lock? I'm curious about that because all of the locks I've seen have been on the right door (like from the Brachacki-Altered, starting with the re-worked doors in "The War Machines", onward), and I'm wondering how you fit the lock on the left door.

Easy adjustment to the installation? Or do you need a different kind of lock? (And has this question been asked before - not just on your build, but for an original Brachacki build in general?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

Hi Dino 
I brought a regular Yale lock I fitted the barrel on the left hand side as per original Brachacki original  plans, I thought I had messed up (again) as the lock was for a right handed door I discovered this after I Had fitted the lock and striking plate as always happy with my handy work , then disappointed that I had messed up, however  when I removed the lock and dismantled it I found that I could simply turn the insides of the lock around put it back together and Bingo all is well. Happy again.
After thinking I have decided to replace the St Johns sign with one with no wording on it I think it will look better. Even though my plans show one with lettering.

IMG_1859.jpgIMG_1863.jpg

galacticprobe

Sep 10, 2015, 04:13 pm #80 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015, 04:21 pm by galacticprobe
Thanks for the info, Dale. I had always wondered about that lock and whether there were right- and left-hand (door) locks. It's nice to know that one can be opened up and turned around inside to make it a "left-hand" lock.

So, you've got some original Brachacki plans? :o Are they ones posted here, or are they something different? (And would you be willing to share a copy with me, that is if you've got a digital version that could be e-mailed?) I love the original Brachacki prop; it's always been my favorite. Though I must admit the larger size of the New Series prop is very appealing, and I would love to see the original Brachacki scaled up to New Series dimensions - which is what I may build when life allows. But failing that, I'll be going for a Brachacki build, and if you've got original plans I would be eternally grateful if you were able to share a copy with me. <grovel-grovel>

Dino.

lawrence

If your sharing ,I think a few of us may also like a sneak peak

russellsuthern

Dale,

I absolutely love the dark blue glossy colour you used, & the sign is fantastic!
After the winter, my build will need a bit of renovation itself, & you are giving me plenty of ideas to mull over!!

Russell

Senseidale

Hi all, Re Tardis  Brachacki plans
The  Brachacki plans i used I found in the web, after a number of hours of  scanning the web looking for Tardis plans, I could use, This was  before coming across this (fab community) web site, I had some idea that there was more then one variation of the Tardis I always remembered that the Tom Baker box was the most basic looking (my opinion only) I was brought up on Dr number two    looking  at a lot of plans I  decided to go back to the 60s the beginning so to speak, I came across  Brachacki plans they was easy for me to understand all in feet and Inches ? I did covert the measurements in to metric to make it easy when buying the timber/wood, I did sort of redraft to help me with the build, so in all honesty I have not really got any plans that  you fellows and ladies have not seen.

Today I have been making more window frames as always i made a couple of boobs nothing to drastic, only routed the wrong side of the window frame, only two left to complete feels like taking forever, but I am not going to rush it.

IMG_1872a.jpgIMG_a1871.jpgIMG_1873a.jpg

Dale

Senseidale

Sep 18, 2015, 02:27 pm #84 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2015, 02:28 pm by Senseidale
Greetings all
I have a day of study, I use the term loosely because I could not be bothered so I did something else instead, call me bad I don't  care. ;)
sanded down and undercoated the right door (as you look at her) almost completed phone sign just need to go and buy some hinges, sanded ready for the undercoat and then secured the widow to left door.
lots to do tomorrow  ;D
DaleIMG_a1878.jpgIMG_a1879.jpgIMG_a1880.jpg

tony farrell

You're bad, very bad!  ;)

galacticprobe

Sep 19, 2015, 05:25 am #86 Last Edit: Sep 19, 2015, 05:26 am by galacticprobe
Yes: you are bad... but what you're creating is so good I think it's safe to say that it balances it out in the end. ;) ;D

Dino.

Senseidale

A litte more done today undercoating the right hand door and two more window frames made up.
IMG_a1885.jpgIMG_1884.jpg
Dale

Volpone

Cutting the diffusers on an angle is clever.  If I squint my eyes just right, it looks like pebbled glass.  I hesitate to ask, but are you going for the 1996 random glass placement? 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

galacticprobe

Sep 20, 2015, 06:55 am #89 Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: volpone on Sep 20, 2015, 03:12 am
Cutting the diffusers on an angle is clever.

I agree! I never would have thought of doing that. And it does look more like pebbled glass than if the diffuser was cut "straight".

Quote from: volpone on Sep 20, 2015, 03:12 am
I hesitate to ask, but are you going for the 1996 random glass placement?

Good question. The original Brachacki had pebbled glass in all of the panes on all of the windows.

Dino.