Apr 24, 2024, 03:00 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Complete rebuild and lighting

Started by Senseidale, Sep 03, 2014, 07:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Senseidale

I happened  across these this morning, I think they will look ok for a part of the windows panels.
Also maybe the roof lighting.   IMG_1708.jpg
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

Senseidale

Very hot day for building  :P need lots of cold drinks to keep you going, a trip to a local ( Ok not so local I was out on my house calls) builders merchants to get a quote on the timber to remake the corner post. I was very happy with said price, but over my lunch I telephoned a couple of other to see if I able to get a better price, on timber yard not very local had a a very good prices a saving of £20, even happier, but they do not deliver :( so on the phone again to a very local builders yard from the surgery and a massive saving of £60 and free delivery ;D. upon my return home no timber a quick call to enquire of said timber, I was told the lorry was stuck in heavy traffic, (lorry fire on the M1 in my area)  I know this to  be true as i was stuck in said traffic but know the back streets so managed to skip round it.
along story I know timber will be here tomorrow, I have other parts of her to  be getting on with (the windows) but i was looking forward to starting the posts this evening.

sorry for going on a tad.

Dale in need of a cold beer

Senseidale

Jul 03, 2015, 03:49 pm #47 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 03:53 pm by Senseidale
Hi all I don know if is the hot weather, :P my temperature and blood pressure went up, I came home after a hard day at work, to find my timber delivered, they have only sent the wrong measurements and warped, so on the phone to sort out the problem, only to be told that this is industry standard sizes, they did agree to take the timer back on Monday.
back to square one, what too do now, I then phone another timber supplier and was told to come and measure the timber for my self, NO CHANCE of that i told my self, I that contacted a saw mill out in the wilds of Nottinghamshire some place I never heard of, had a chat with a very helpful chap, gave him all my requirements yep we can do that, when would you like it for with fingers crossed "tomorrow"  "Yep No problem about 10 ish" address given, cash on delivery, and the even better news, saved more money.
Temperature down Blood pressure back to 120/80 normal.
now looking forward to getting on with the job. ;D

Dale :) IMG_1713.jpg

Senseidale

All the timber arrived yesterday right size and Dimensions  :-[but due to unforeseen illness (D&V) and a day in bed and on the sofa not managed to get stared feeling better today so with luck i will get started on the corner post
regards Dale

davidnagel

D&V? Is that Duff beer and Vodka? A deadly combination!

Hope you feel better soon :)
Regards
David

Angelus Lupus

I'm guessing it's diarrhoea and vomiting, something that's been going around (long story short I've recently expelled all possible colours)
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

galacticprobe

Jul 06, 2015, 05:13 am #51 Last Edit: Jul 06, 2015, 05:13 am by galacticprobe
Ugh! :P Been in that situation before! I hope you get well soon, my friend!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

Thanks for your support nearly back to 100%, off to work which is where i managed to pick up the virus,I been working on a Palliative care unit Thursday  and Friday that is the main culprit, or that ham sandwich ?
looking forward to getting started later today on the pesky corner post.
Dale.

Senseidale

Hi all
spent a couple of hours cutting timber to 2.3 meters to make the posts couple are bowed but not a problem.

then offered up to see if all is looking good, then marked out to drill some pilot holes so not to split the timber.

Also today I have collected the St Johns sign, bless em the guys at the graphics shop they have given me 6 only ask for 2 and only cost a £5.00  less than a £1.00 each.

and more good news took delivery of a router table with built in motor and bench /table saw as my old one has done its job so it to retirement for it, Ok the skip.
cut.jpgpost.jpg

Senseidale

The Bells of St John signs
bells of stjohn.jpg

galacticprobe

Jul 10, 2015, 06:55 am #55 Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015, 06:56 am by galacticprobe
Oh, wow, Dale! Are those St. John logos from the graphics I created and posted in the Table? If they are, they look better than I imagined they would! I can't wait to see it on your TARDIS door!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Senseidale

Hi Dino
yes to all of your questions one of the lucky 6 is going to have pride of place on the blue box,
they came out great, not the best pics they have the front and backing on,  but thanks for your hard work in creating them.
how is the family
Dale

galacticprobe

Jul 11, 2015, 05:08 am #57 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2015, 05:08 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: Senseidale on Jul 10, 2015, 02:35 pm
Hi Dino
yes to all of your questions one of the lucky 6 is going to have pride of place on the blue box,
they came out great... thanks for your hard work in creating them.

You're more than welcome, Dale! It give me great pleasure to see people making such great use of them.

Quote from: Senseidale on Jul 10, 2015, 02:35 pm
how is the family

They're doing well. Thank you so much for asking. (I'm about to add a little update to that other thread of mine because this one is too good to pass up!)

Dino.

Senseidale

Jul 12, 2015, 06:29 pm #58 Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 06:31 pm by Senseidale
Hi all been active today, now done in , managed to get all the post made up screwed ,glued, just need to add the Quadrant Moulding  I used my new router table to make the Quadrants (how have I managed without a router table  they are great)  and  once the glue is dry I will add the them,  with the post in the glue drying stage I had a play with the router on some scrap wood, at making a small version of the steps under the sign box, the wood is cut ready to router out full size but I think I need a bigger router bit will have a look on line later,  the last time I just sandwiched the wood together it was ok but i think and feel this will be better and more solid looking.  The new saw table had its first outing today  thats all for now the kids are starting to play up and Missy wants help.
Regards to all DaleIMG_1727.jpgIMG_1728.jpgIMG_1729.jpg

Senseidale

Hi all been some what biz this week with one thing or another, I did manage to route out the quadrants mid week working late (ish) and attaching them to the post, undercoat has been applied , sadly I will not be able to  do any work until later tomorrow teatime or early evening (work commitments).
hope all is well out there in Tardis land. some great builds going on always gives me ideas and inspiration for my box.
Dale :) IMG_1733.jpg