Apr 24, 2024, 12:28 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hartnell Console Room - SketchUp Build

Started by masters, Jul 10, 2014, 12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

masters

Jul 10, 2014, 12:22 pm Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014, 12:36 pm by masters
Hello, this is my first post on TARDIS Builders, but i've been around here a while. I've gotten a huge amount of info from this board and this console room is one of the results.

This has been built in SketchUp 8 and rendered in Keyshot.

Console Room.232.jpguntitled.46.jpguntitled.129.jpgOriginal Console Room.63.jpg

silverfox

A few unusual colour choices there (but why not? It was only seen in black and white on TV so it could have looked like anything.)
I especially like that first moody shot of the console in the gloomily lit control room.
Cool little video as well! I'm still building myself up to trying a bit of animation with mine.

handofomega

Where might one get this Keyshot you speak of?   I am so comfortable using Sketch Up that I would really LOVE to see my stuff in a realistic set up

lorisarvendu

With a bit more moody lighting this would make a good internal backdrop for a custom 1st Doctor Flight Control TARDIS.

masters

handofomega, you can grab a free trial of keyshot here https://www.keyshot.com/, pretty easy to learn, and there are full versions around the web  ;D

The colours are rough approximations of the original colours, ive found colour swatches around here and based the wall and console colouring off of them, the controls of the console are just what made it look good. Its constantly changing everytime I open the file to work on it. The roundels are a "paint" texture to speed up editing, once ive figured out a good translucent texture for them i'll rerender it at a high quality.TARDIS Completed.449.jpg

masters

A nice glamour shot of the console in B&W

IMG_0038.jpg

And a dimensionally transcendental test shot

Totters Lane (7FEB).2683 copy.jpg

the_prop_maniac

I'd love to see that TARDIS finished, it looks really good! And the console looks amazing! Great work!

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."