Apr 20, 2024, 09:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A new custom console

Started by the_prop_maniac, Aug 12, 2014, 10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the_prop_maniac

Mar 16, 2015, 07:20 am #60 Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 07:47 am by the_prop_maniac
Alright, early morning here in the UK, so I'm just gonna leave this here.
The ceiling..jpg

There won't be many of these, because this picture took 10 hours and 8 minutes to render.

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

tony farrell

Ten hours and eight minutes well spent... Looks very atmospheric indeed!

the_prop_maniac

Mar 16, 2015, 03:49 pm #62 Last Edit: Mar 16, 2015, 05:14 pm by the_prop_maniac
Yeah, I wondered if someone else would get that. There will be another render from a different perspective, may take a while ;D

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

expendable

it's a wonderful look though, well worth the time. Thanks for sharing!

galacticprobe

Mar 17, 2015, 05:22 am #64 Last Edit: Mar 17, 2015, 05:22 am by galacticprobe
I want this room in my house! I love that planetarium feel to the place. It reminds me of my childhood in The Bronx, and all the times my grandfather, and father, would take me to the Hayden Planetarium in Manhattan, usually once every three months when they would have a new Planetarium Show running. Very fond memories!

This is beautiful... simply beautiful!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

the_prop_maniac

Mar 17, 2015, 07:22 am #65 Last Edit: Mar 17, 2015, 07:23 am by the_prop_maniac
Thank you for all your kindest comments friends. I have a new render to show, but this will have to be the last one until my new computer is received in May, as I'm not allowed to run my computer all night. This render was halfway through, at 13 HOURS. You can see why I need a new computer/hardware. I've exposed the picture slightly, so you can see better.

The Console.jpg

If there's anything that I could do to improve this (apart from the unfinished panels) tell me what it is, and I'll think about either fixing or adding it.

- Tom

the_prop_maniac

Right, update for the day, I've added a monitor, but debating on using a .png for the keyboard or making one, using 3D Text and Squares. Thoughts?

Monitor.jpg

- Tom

galacticprobe

Mar 18, 2015, 04:58 am #67 Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015, 05:01 am by galacticprobe
Well, I know Microsoft Word used to have a "Keyboard" font in their font package. You could always use that font to easily create a keyboard (in Paint or other graphics program you've got) and save that image as a JPG or PNG to import. Granted, it would be an overhead view of the keyboard, but it's still something.

I may have one already from another project (a leftover from a military tech manual I wrote for a piece of equipment while I was still on active duty - nothing classified, just a regular keyboard layout, with mini trackball). Yeah; there were times when I had to take work home with me to meet deadlines, so there are still a few things left on my other computer. It was pretty much black keys (with white outlines and white lettering) on a black - or nearly black - background. (If you need alterations to that then I'd have to redraw the graphic.)

I'll check tomorrow, since it would be on that other computer. If I still have that graphic I can either post it or e-mail it. I'll let you know if I still have it, and then you can PM your preference for getting a copy. (An e-mail might provide a larger graphic as the Forum software sometimes resizes images, and this was supposed to be a tech manual quality image, which I think was a JPG.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

the_prop_maniac

Okay, thanks Dino. The graphic that you mention sounds quite a lot like one I'm hoping for, so if you wouldn't mind sending to me in an e-mail as such, that would be great.

- Tom

expendable

A graphic is going to be easier to use, definitely, but you have to get it into your rendering engine.

galacticprobe

Mar 19, 2015, 05:32 am #70 Last Edit: Mar 19, 2015, 05:33 am by galacticprobe
Tom, shoot me a PM with your e-mail, or e-mail me directly (my e-mail is in my profile) and I'll get that keyboard graphic out to you. It will be in JPG format if that will work. (You may have to reduce its size so it fits your console, depending on how large you want it.) It's not that large a graphic, but you'll have to see how it fits when you receive it.

Dino.

the_prop_maniac

Yeah Dino, I'll shoot you a PM with my e-mail enclosed. Ex, my graphics work fine with Kerkythea.

- Tom

galacticprobe

Mar 19, 2015, 07:02 pm #72 Last Edit: Mar 19, 2015, 07:02 pm by galacticprobe
Tom, graphic sent in three formats: BMP, JPG, and PNG. I know I said it's not a large graphic, and on the other computer where I created it, it's not; but on this computer I'm using now, after transferring it over, it's fracking huge! (Don't know how that happened. ???) Anyway, once you get it, make alterations as needed, and I'm looking forward to seeing it on the console.

Dino.

the_prop_maniac

Okay! The monitor is finished so I'm gonna show you guys the updated monitor and then go to sleep.

Monitor Finished.jpg

(By the way, the keyboard is Dino's, not mine, but I do have permission from him to use it in my project (Thanks Dino!)). I'm not sure about this panel but I think it may be done, so I may move on to the third panel next. If there's any suggestions at all,  post 'em and I'll read 'em in the afternoon, but for now, I'm going to rest my eyes.

- Tom

expendable

Very impressive looking! I like it!