Mar 28, 2024, 07:56 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2013 Hurt's War Doctor Console

Started by teejayy94, Aug 10, 2014, 11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BioDoctor900

If it's any help, the Beeb did buy quite a few of the same things to put onto that console, when they made it to take on tours. There is as I believe;

- A Trim Phone
- A Demat Lever
- The Keyboard
- Some Crystals and Paperweights
- A Microscope
- A Clutch Palte
- The Fresnel Lens
- A Handbrake
- Some Bicycle pumps
- A Rehostat

To be honest, I'd keep things on there that are on the 2005 console, as I would say that there would be quite a few similar bits on it.

Hope that helps

BioDoctor900

teejayy94

Quote from: BioDoctor900 on Aug 12, 2014, 10:12 pm
If it's any help, the Beeb did buy quite a few of the same things to put onto that console, when they made it to take on tours. There is as I believe;

- A Trim Phone
- A Demat Lever
- The Keyboard
- Some Crystals and Paperweights
- A Microscope
- A Clutch Palte
- The Fresnel Lens
- A Handbrake
- Some Bicycle pumps
- A Rehostat

To be honest, I'd keep things on there that are on the 2005 console, as I would say that there would be quite a few similar bits on it.

Hope that helps

BioDoctor900

Thanks you soooo much BioDoctor900, that gave me some help :)!

Also Just doing a console view render as requested by the_prop_maniac.

Finished 2 of the 6 control panels.

Keep checking for updates

Cya -

Tom.

the_prop_maniac

Um... I think you may have forgot the picture... Or it could just be me, but theres no image  ;)

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

teejayy94

It hasn't finished rendering yet. Thats why there isn't a new update picture.

Tom.

the_prop_maniac

Ahh, thats why. Forgive me, I thought you meant you had finished and the picture was there. Silly me  ;D

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

teejayy94

just for you the_prop_maniac :P!

Still need to do textures...Think I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Enjoy -

Tom.War7.png

galacticprobe

Aug 13, 2014, 04:54 am #21 Last Edit: Aug 13, 2014, 05:04 am by galacticprobe
TJ, you've probably seen this already (but just in case, and for the benefit of anyone that hasn't) here are some outstanding War Doctor console screen grabs: http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=5037.0. (Just click on the Spoiler tag in the first post to open 'a world of infinite wonders' - ah... wrong series, but you get the gist.)

Incidentally, Kingpin, if you're reading this, I think it's safe for you to remove the Spoiler tag on that post. The two-week 'Spoiler time period' has long past. ;)

Dino.
P. S. This one is for the Mods. The above console/room reference link doesn't have a "Main Page" sub-board link to it under the http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?board=26.0, nor does it have a "Thumbnail" link when you click into the Console Reference Board. How difficult would it be to create one for it?
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

teejayy94

Oooh great! I didn't even think to look at the reference section! thanks you very much Dino,. This will be a bundle of help.

Tom.

galacticprobe

Aug 14, 2014, 04:10 am #23 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014, 04:18 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: teejayy94 on Aug 13, 2014, 05:55 pm
Oooh great! I didn't even think to look at the reference section! thanks you very much Dino,. This will be a bundle of help.

No problem, Tom. I'm always glad to help. And look as you may, you probably wouldn't have found that as I had to search the Forum for a while before I found it, which is why I suggested the Mods create a link to it where all the other Child Board links are.

As of this post, if you scroll down the main page to the Console Reference section and look at the links for the "Child Boards:", you'll find a link to every TARDIS console from Season 1-6 through to 2013 Season (including a link for Cushing Movies, in which Peter Cushing's TARDIS didn't even have a console!). The same goes for the Thumbnail links to those Child Boards when you click the Console Reference Board link: no thumbnail for the War Doctor's console.

(Maybe to keep things in order, if they're listed chronologically, this one could be called something like "2013 Hurt's War Doctor Console": or just "2013 Hurt's Console"? Just suggestions with the title, but I really do think this console needs a Child Board link like all the others have.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Kingpin