Apr 20, 2024, 04:44 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Season 8 Updates

Started by teejayy94, Jul 29, 2014, 09:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teejayy94

Jul 29, 2014, 09:14 pm Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 09:15 pm by teejayy94
"Clara, be my pal. Tell me....Am I a good man?" -12th Doctor.

Thought I would try and re-create the exploding TARDIS (with my bad attempt at Photoshop) Oooh and excuse the specky render...

seeintoyoursoul.png

All Credit to Rocz3D for the Interior.

expendable

It's very dark but what I can see looks impressive!

teejayy94

Mwahahaha, got the neon and lighting how I wanted :).
LifeReturns.png

All Credit to Brian Rocz for the Interior.

galacticprobe

Jul 30, 2014, 05:37 pm #3 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 05:37 pm by galacticprobe
Now... enlarge it ten fold and make it available for download so people can get it printed out on a 4-foot by 8-foot poster paper (for a bazillion rupees) and use it as a backdrop for their TARDIS builds (or the inside of their linen closets!).

Seriously, that looks amazing! Nicely rendered. My compliments to the artist.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

torran

How does 4K sound? Or possible 8K? (resolution of render)

teejayy94

I think we can come up with something!! Sounds like a brilliant idea Dino :D Because the neon comes in 2 colors I could possibly get 2 versions made.

Season 8 & Season 7b

expendable

Very nice! Still dark but you can see more now!

torran

Aug 03, 2014, 11:07 pm #7 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 11:07 pm by torran
Rendering a 4K "backdrop" for Tom, here's what I got so far.. (Downsized for obvious reasons)

test2.jpg

Credit to Rocz3D for the Interior.

rob49152

galacticprobe

Aug 04, 2014, 05:21 am #9 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014, 05:21 am by galacticprobe
Wow is right! Now all you have to do is figure out how to complete the render so it's a "squarish" (or tall rectangular) image. And I like your idea of doing both the amber and blue-green neon versions. That will definitely give people options to work with!

(That image is un-fracking-believable! :o)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

torran

It looks like that because it's an incomplete render. I'm finishing it now and it will be another 5 hours.

torran

Finished render (downsized for obvious reasons)

4k - Copy.jpg

galacticprobe

Aug 05, 2014, 01:53 am #12 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2014, 01:55 am by galacticprobe
Oh my fracking Glob! That image is a render that looks like it could be a photo of the actual set. The difference is that you've got a "forced perspective" to the render; whether or not that was intentional it only makes this more amazing. Enlarge that for a TARDIS replica backdrop and you've really got that "bigger on the inside" look and feel to it when peeking through the doors. (They used the same forced perspective in the original 1978 'Battlestar Galactica' to make the filming model's landing bays look like it went deep into the bay, when in fact it only went in a few inches, but with forced perspective.)

Bigger on the inside! The only way to fly! (I totally suck at rendering, so whenever I see things like this I'm always blown away.)

Dino.

superrichi1a

And, if Torran and Teejay (I admit I'm a bit confused who the maker is here) don't mind, that's exactly my plan for this fortnight!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

whovian-almighty

Should let you know, as part of the adjustments they've done to the TARDIS they have actually added a second set of stairs going up, these are now located by the left side of the door, at the top of those stairs is the arm chair, if you look at the teaser and look in the background behind Capaldi you'll notice the hand rail coming down :)
So, all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?