Apr 19, 2024, 08:13 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Random Stuff

Started by d0ct0r200004, Nov 22, 2015, 02:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

d0ct0r200004

So, I am doing more and more things from Doctor Who, and as they're not kind of Sonics I thought I'd make a new forum post about them. The Keys I made are in the other post but yeah.

The First thing I'm going to show off here is the Vortex Manipulator that I recently finished.

Untitled.jpg

Based on the one used in the 'Day of the Doctor' (which is a remake of the older prop) I got as much detail in there as I could, which you'll see in the next shot as it is a lot more up close.

VM2.jpg

So, What do you guys think?
-Doc204

galacticprobe

Nov 22, 2015, 07:08 am #1 Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015, 07:14 am by galacticprobe
That definitely looks like the Vortex Manipulator Captain Jack used to wear. Character Options (CO) used to make a pretty accurate replica. And since this was supposed to have been one of his that was "bequeathed to the UNIT archive by Captain Jack Harkness on the occasion of his death. Well, one of them."

So if you would like to get more details for your render, even if it's just to give you some ideas for you to tweak on to make yours your own, you can Google Image "Vortex Manipulator" and find some nice images. (River Song had one as well, but I don't know how much hers differed from Captain Jack's. Still, both are a good sources of reference for ideas.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

d0ct0r200004

Nov 23, 2015, 04:48 pm #2 Last Edit: Nov 23, 2015, 04:52 pm by d0ct0r200004
This is based on the one made by RubberToe Replicas as after the 2013 special (which they had to make the VM for, as the original went 'missing' John Barrowmen...)

They say it's slightly bigger then the original but works more or less the same detail, and you can purchase the one they made/make, expensive though £250, Dammm. http://www.rubbertoereplicas.com/#!product/prd1/2365626241/vortex-manipulator So yeah.

I think the detail I'm missing really is in the exterior, the strap and the cover could do with more work but for now, I am happy with it.
-Doc204

d0ct0r200004

So, another thing I've forgot to upload (I'm getting good at forgetting) is my Physic Paper!

physicpaper.jpg

I love how it turned out, quite detailed (although you can't see it very well in that image, but you can in the next one)

physicpaper2.jpg

so yeah, what do you guys think?
-Doc204

d0ct0r200004

So, having found excellent reference for John Hart's Vortex Manipulator (that I since uploaded here) I started working on a new strap for my Vortex Manipulator (and putting detail where I missed last time)

vm1.jpg

I made it look like it was bent open for effect

vm2.jpg

and added the little arrow details into it

vm3.jpg

even did the back of it best I could

vm7.jpg

and it closes

I then edited this Vortex Manipulator for John Hart's

vm4.jpg

Mainly a colour change, with a couple of objects removed (because they're not on the prop)

vm5.jpg

vm6.jpg

So yeah, I think it has came out a lot better then my last attempt, what do you think?
-Doc204