Mar 29, 2024, 08:30 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

8th Doctor Console

Started by oslm, Jul 23, 2014, 02:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

expendable

Wow! Wonderful work! I like how this room looks, it's got a lot of character! I love room builds!

oslm

Thanks for the comments guys -- As for the Troughton character, he was drawn by a friend of mine named Garrett -- I ended up doing a small series of set pieces from that era a while ago, maybe I will look at starting a new thread so that you guys can see them --

Later

Oslm

galacticprobe

Aug 24, 2014, 05:06 am #77 Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014, 05:06 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: oslm on Aug 23, 2014, 03:41 pm
I ended up doing a small series of set pieces from that era a while ago, maybe I will look at starting a new thread so that you guys can see them --

Yes, please?! :D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

oslm

Quick update --

Did some much needed work on the upper girders and connector to the time rotor -- Overall, I need to decide if I am going to add in the cables that come down from the top and run thru the girders --

I have to check on the poly count first as it's getting so close to crashing my system --

Anyway, enjoy this update --

Console Girders upper 2.jpg

Later

Oslm

teejayy94

Its bloody stunning! the detail is amazing.

oslm

Just a quick update --

I have reworked the textures for the girders and I am looking for as many opinions on it as possible --

Console Room Full 11d.jpg

Take a look and let me know --

Thanks

Oslm

the_prop_maniac

Ooo... I like it, the scratches make it look old and worn down. Although, my eyes seem to think theres a hint of blue in there, maybe make it more dark/greyer?

- Tom
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three."

oslm

Hi Tom,

the bit of blue that is showing up is from on of my light sources ( I use a light blue to help with making shadows a bit lighter ) -- I have been thinking about adding a couple of touches of dark red to the texture to see what that does --

Later

Oslm

expendable

Sep 09, 2014, 12:49 am #83 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014, 12:51 am by expendable
It's a nice texture, it does age it quite a bit.

Sorry, I just noticed you have the girders on the corners of the raised platform - but they should be in the middle.

http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/mcgann-images/dvd117-.jpg

oslm

you are right about them being centered on the pad, I will look at rotating them on the next update --

Thanks so far for the comments --

Later

Oslm

teejayy94

I personally prefer them on the corners...

- Tom.

pauladgar

This looks really good would there be any possibility of you making this image suitable for tardis backgrounds ?
I have a TV movie style box and this would look superb as a backdrop .

oslm

Hi Paul,

Send me a PM with the details you require (size of the image, closeup or distant wide shot) and we can see what can be done -- Pleease note, I haven't worked on the rest of the interior as of this time but I may be able to come up with something --

Later

Oslm

pauladgar

Thanks I will do that , I've sent the some info of to a printer to see what can be done . Will PM you asap

oslm

Sep 17, 2014, 07:22 am #89 Last Edit: Sep 17, 2014, 07:24 am by oslm
Been a bit to long in between updates so here we go --

I have looked at the room and started to go over some of the final details that are needed -- First, I had decided to do the one piece that I should have done a while ago, the scanner --

Scanner test 2.jpg

I still have to do the lower chain and the upper scissor arms and then figure out how to connect it to the upper girders so that it can be animated -- I also took a look at the lack of overhead lighting (currently there is only one fill light) -- So I decided to work this part out as well --

Console with Overhead lights a1.jpg

Soon it will be time to look at doing the background of the room -- I'm not sure if I will recreate the movie set or do a hybrid making it closer to the new series style --

Enjoy --

Oslm