Apr 26, 2024, 10:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS Engines "Juddering" Sound Effect

Started by petewilson, Jul 20, 2014, 09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

petewilson

Hi All,

Has anybody got a clear copy (or managed to re-create) the "Juddering"  TARDIS sound effect used when the TARDIS is in trouble (can be heard on the new series trailer)
I've tried unsuccessfully to re-create it in Adobe Audition!

Thanks,

Pete

torran

Jul 20, 2014, 10:05 pm #1 Last Edit: Jul 20, 2014, 10:09 pm by torran
Would that be the sound heard when he attempts to land in New York but "bounces" off it in Angels take Manhattan?
EDIT: http://www.maddmansrealm.com/drwho/tardis/sounds/sounds/Brkdown.wav
Something like that?

teejayy94

I've been wanting that sound effect from the trailer for weeeeks now.

Tempus Fugit

Brilliant! I think I'm right in saying a longer version of this sound effect appeared originally in Spearhead from Space when the Doctor attempts to dematerialise.

galacticprobe

Jul 21, 2014, 05:41 am #4 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2014, 05:01 am by galacticprobe
Pete, TJ (and others), check out the "TARDIS Sounds" Yahoo! Group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TardisSounds/info). Look in the "Files" section. You'll find different folders, each with different sounds from the Series - some Classic, some New (though some are used in both). And Tempus is right; that sound torran linked above is the one used in Jon Pertwee's first outing as the 3rd Doctor, "Spearheads from Space". In the episode it was just a tiny bit longer, having a "thunk!" at the end. I believe that one is on the Yahoo site, as well as the TARDIS stalling (heard in "Curse of the Black Spot" and "The Angels Take Manhattan"), even a stuck Materialization Loop (heard in "The Lodger") that I managed to bodge together for someone.

The above Yahoo! site was started by our very own type55tardis, and I help him moderate the Group. It's a pretty quiet place (aside from all the TARDIS sound FX there - joke). You have to be a member to get at the files, but it's a free sign-up. The sound files are a mix of WAVs and WMAs, so once you download them you can mix and match things to suit your Old Girl's needs.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

teejayy94

Oooooh GlacticProbe you doo Astound me!! :D Thanks you .

petewilson

I've now uploaded my re-mixed version of the Tardis Juddering SFX to the group!

Pete

galacticprobe

Jul 22, 2014, 04:02 am #7 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2014, 05:02 am by galacticprobe
You're welcome, TJ. (I don't always astound people, but when I do, it's quite by accident. ;))

And Pete, I'll check in with the Group tonight to make sure it loaded okay. Sometimes things look like they've loaded, but they've actually ended up in the "Pending" list. (That doesn't always happen, but on the occasion when it does, we call that "getting Yahoo'd".)

Dino

EDIT: Just checked the Group site and the sound loaded up just fine!
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"