Apr 19, 2024, 02:43 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Adipose Detector - Partners in Crime

Started by Oblivion, May 11, 2014, 06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivion

built from a standard UK 3 pin plug and bottle tops as was the original prop. Has an led incorporated into the scanner which runs from a 9v battery. adipose.jpg
Hampshire UK

galacticprobe

May 12, 2014, 06:17 am #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:25 am by galacticprobe
Now that is one cool prop! Very nicely built!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

The14thDr

Sep 07, 2014, 05:09 pm #2 Last Edit: Sep 08, 2014, 02:33 pm by The14thDr
Where in Rassilon's name did you get the Adipose box and the sonic pen?!
"Would you like a jelly baby?"

galacticprobe

Sep 08, 2014, 02:31 pm #3 Last Edit: Sep 08, 2014, 02:32 pm by galacticprobe
The sonic pen was (maybe still is) available from Character Options (CO) along with their 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver. The pen and screwdriver came as a set. (You can probably find one at a reasonable price on eBay if you search for it - that's how I found mine; one seller had some with prices about the same as from other places like ThinkGeek and such, but weren't 'out of stock', and the seller's shipping wasn't much at all. So check out those sources for the sonic pen. At the very least, just Google sonic pen to see what sort of choices - and prices - you have.)

As for the box? (Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Oblivion took an ordinary box from something like an ordinary medicine box, and then made the graphics, had them printed, and just carefully glued the printout onto the box. He's very clever when it comes to building replicas.) The "pills" look like ordinary Tylenol capsules (probably emptied - just a guess), and the gold and silver bit from the necklace looks like it may have been tooled from brass and aluminium. (Note: Everything except for the pen is guesswork on my part, but like I said, Oblivion is very clever when it comes to building replicas!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Oblivion

Hampshire UK

the mister

galacticprobe

Sep 16, 2014, 03:48 pm #6 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014, 03:48 pm by galacticprobe
Hey! Nice to see you back on the boards, the mister! You've been gone a while (and missed).

Dino.

The14thDr

Hey Oblivion. I'm thinking of building this prop at some point in the not-too-distant, and I was wondering if you still have the graphics for the Adipose box saved anywhere, as I think they'd make a nice addition to my collection.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

davidnagel

14, I wager Oblivion won't be coming back anytime soon, he's been off board since February.

But it should be fairly easy to whip the box design together yourself, check out this large image of the logo supplied by the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/medialibrary/images/wide-screen/s4_01_wal_18.jpg

The rest you can do via guess work or just copy from others'.

If you have trouble, ping me and I'll have go for you.
Regards
David

galacticprobe

May 01, 2016, 09:08 pm #9 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:29 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: davidnagel on Apr 30, 2016, 07:52 pm
14, I wager Oblivion won't be coming back anytime soon, he's been off board since February.

Quick note on this: I've been talking with Oblivion via e-mail and he's hoping to be back in action as soon as possible. He's been out resting his hand and wrist over the winter months as he's been having some good deal of discomfort from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, to the point where he even has trouble typing e-mails, so we've kept our conversations short. But he's not gone for good, only until his Carpal Tunnel calms down. (He's trying his best to avoid having surgery on it, which is why he hasn't been doing any replica building for a while.)

Hopefully with the return of some warmer weather his discomfort will ease and he'll be back among us soon.

Dino.
P. S. 14th, I'll shoot Oblivion an e-mail with your request and let you know what he says, that is if he doesn't pop in and reply in person.

The14thDr

Thanks for letting us know, Dino; I know that there are more than a few of us who are missing Oblivion's amazing replicas. And thank you for passing my request along. Give my best wishes to Oblivion when you e-mail him.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

galacticprobe

May 02, 2016, 06:28 pm #11 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:28 pm by galacticprobe
Done, and done, 14th! It usually takes a few days before I hear back from Oblivion when I e-mail him. Rest assured, though, that as soon as I do hear something I'll pass it on.

Dino.