Apr 19, 2024, 09:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

A tardis cabinet

Started by alkem, Oct 09, 2009, 05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alkem

Oct 09, 2009, 05:45 pm Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010, 05:25 pm by Scarfwearer
Here's a Tardis cabinet I recently built, it's not quite finished I've got a few odds and ends to tidy up.  I went with 3 panels instead of four because I forgot what I was doing and had two sides fabed in three and was beginning the third when I caught it.  I don't think its  too terrible though, the next one will be better, , I hope.

firsttardis2.jpg

Scarfwearer

Oct 09, 2009, 07:35 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 11:41 pm by scarfwearer
That'll be a handy cabinet, and may be surprisingly roomy on in the inisde... :) Looks like you just need handles, signage and a lamp. It'll also be a good practice run for a larger version, as the build techniques will be largely similar.
If you have a favourite era of TARDIS we can probably find some dimensions specific to that version.

Crispin

alkem

Oct 10, 2009, 03:01 am #2 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010, 11:41 pm by scarfwearer
Quote from: scarfwearer on Oct 09, 2009, 07:35 pmThat'll be a handy cabinet, and may be surprisingly roomy on in the inisde... :) Looks like you just need handles, signage and a lamp. It'll also be a good practice run for a larger version, as the build techniques will be largely similar.
If you have a favourite era of TARDIS we can probably find some dimensions specific to that version.

Crispin

Thanks, this was indeed a practice run beings that I never actually built anything other than a stool and lamp in high school ( that was abour 15 years ago, just for reference) :P.  I plan to pick up a lamp this weekend or during the week.  Any dimensions would be helpful for a full size one, I plan to do one in the spring, I'm claiming it to be a tool shed but truth be told I just want a Tardis in my yard :D