Mar 07, 2021, 08:44 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!


Bessie

Started by galacticprobe, Feb 05, 2014, 07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fivefingeredstyre

Glad to see her at Beaulieu now... I've been planning a trip there for a while so now I'll guess I'll have to pull my finger out.

As an aside I haven't been to Beaulieu since I got married just around the corner from there about 24 years ago and had my reception in Montagu's hotel in the grounds...






... I got divorced a few miles up the road about 18 months later  ;)

galacticprobe

Sep 23, 2017, 03:54 pm #76 Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017, 03:55 pm by galacticprobe
I finally figured out how to handle a comment like this. Took some doing, but I figured it out:

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Sep 23, 2017, 08:02 am
Glad to see her at Beaulieu now... I've been planning a trip there for a while so now I'll guess I'll have to pull my finger out.

As an aside I haven't been to Beaulieu since I got married just around the corner from there about 24 years ago and had my reception in Montagu's hotel in the grounds...

GalacticprobeLikes.jpg

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Sep 23, 2017, 08:02 am
... I got divorced a few miles up the road about 18 months later  ;)

GalacticprobeSads.jpg

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

Kind Regards,

David

www.spiffinglyniceguy.co.uk

fivefingeredstyre

Quote from: galacticprobe on Sep 23, 2017, 03:54 pm
I finally figured out how to handle a comment like this. Took some doing, but I figured it out:

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Sep 23, 2017, 08:02 am
Glad to see her at Beaulieu now... I've been planning a trip there for a while so now I'll guess I'll have to pull my finger out.

As an aside I haven't been to Beaulieu since I got married just around the corner from there about 24 years ago and had my reception in Montagu's hotel in the grounds...

GalacticprobeLikes.jpg

Quote from: fivefingeredstyre on Sep 23, 2017, 08:02 am
... I got divorced a few miles up the road about 18 months later  ;)

GalacticprobeSads.jpg
dont be... I'm not... ;)

cdngoose

Quote from: silverfox on Feb 09, 2014, 08:34 am
Here's a bigger screen shot of the remote control from the Deamons DVD.
I planned on modelling it in 3D


bessiecontrol_zps375fd164.jpg

Was this ever modled into a usable 3d print. I could sure use it for my Bessie
Cdngoose

galacticprobe

Nov 12, 2017, 06:12 am #80 Last Edit: Nov 12, 2017, 06:12 am by galacticprobe
Not that I'm aware of, at least not on here. The telescopic radio antenna is an easy cannibalization item if you've got an old, dead radio lying about. (Electronics supply stores should have them for not too much money, or you might find one on eBay on the cheap.)

The three rectangular and three round red push buttons are easily found in electronics supply stores (or, again, eBay; many of our members have gotten loads of buttons and switches there for next to nothing). The box itself looks like one of those plastic project boxes that you can get on line (especially now that almost all - if not all - Radio Shack stores are gone); all you need to do is cut out the holes for the buttons, meter, and drill a few holes for mounting the antenna and little wheel, and then paint the box silver. Then add the lettering. The boxes aren't expensive (or at least they weren't at Radio Shack).

The meter and the little wheel are the tricky bits. I don't know what sort of meter that is, or where you'd find a wheel like that. The meter would need some researching to find a suitable one. The wheel may be the only part that really needs 3-D printing.

I hope some of this is helpful.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

kutan66

I was speaking to a bloke who is into smaller scale steam trains and also makes models.   I mentioned that I was building a scale Tardis which the kids will enjoy I'm sure.   He asked if I'd seen the Toylander.com website.   They make drivable scale models of vehicles for kids.  And you can buy build manuals and kits.

Looks like mainly Land Rovers and Tractors,  but one looks a bit like Bessie.

mayfair_002_1.jpg


The prices for the kits may make you cough though!




redfern

Some really nice shots in this thread!  Do any "plans" or "elevation" type drawings or diagrams exist of "Bessie"?  I see ScarfWearer has presented some really nice plans for "K-9", so I was wondering if any existed for the Doctor's vintage styled roadster.

Sincerely,

Bill

drdean

Thought I'd give this thread a nudge as my Bessie website has been back up and running for a while but it now has a new domain name. It's slowing climbing up the search engines but many of you may not be aware of it.

www.doctorwhocar.co.uk




kutan66

My browser won't go there saying its not secure.

Quote from: drdean on Aug 08, 2020, 09:32 amThought I'd give this thread a nudge as my Bessie website has been back up and running for a while but it now has a new domain name. It's slowing climbing up the search engines but many of you may not be aware of it.

www.doctorwhocar.co.uk





Davros Skaro

Quote from: kutan66 on Aug 08, 2020, 12:01 pmMy browser won't go there saying its not secure.

Quote from: drdean on Aug 08, 2020, 09:32 amThought I'd give this thread a nudge as my Bessie website has been back up and running for a while but it now has a new domain name. It's slowing climbing up the search engines but many of you may not be aware of it.

www.doctorwhocar.co.uk




I get similar
Chris.

Angelus Lupus

Aug 09, 2020, 09:44 am #86 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2020, 09:46 am by Angelus Lupus
Ditto on the unsecure connection

Edit: If you change the url to use http rather than https then you can access the page using the less secure protocol
A mixed-up non-conformist, trying to fit in.

Volpone

I will point out that we become accustomed to trusting each other here, but after just recovering from being hacked, when a new user with 4 posts provides a link that my browser doesn't like, I don't take any heroic efforts to get to it. 
"My dear Litefoot, I've got a lantern and a pair of waders, and possibly the most fearsome piece of hand artillery in all England. What could possibly go wrong?"
-The Doctor.

redfern

I have a decently robust anti-virus suite and visiting the http version of the site instead of https did not "trip" any alerts.  I'm not advocating people just "blunder" into the site if you have any concerns, just noting my personal experience; that's all.

I had hoped the site might have revealed some elevation type drawings.  If any are there, I didn't spot them.

Sincerely,

Bill

drdean

Ok guys. Try it again. I needed to add a SSL certificate to become a trusted site. I think it's ok now. I'm quite new to web site design so there was bound to be teething problems. I can understand others mistrust as I'm a Newbie.

You may need to refresh the webpage if you've been there before.

www.doctorwhocar.co.uk
Or
https://www.doctorwhocar.co.uk