May 19, 2024, 01:33 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis Dismantled

Started by warmcanofcoke, Feb 17, 2015, 07:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

warmcanofcoke

Feb 17, 2015, 07:01 am Last Edit: Feb 17, 2015, 07:41 am by warmcanofcoke
Just found this nifty reference image of the box dissembled.
q7Ue5_zpsgjmaclci.jpg

Reference : http://www.combom.co.uk/2011_07_16_archive.html. (couldn't find the post it belongs to was doing a google image search when I found it.)
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Feb 17, 2015, 07:48 am #1 Last Edit: Feb 17, 2015, 07:48 am by galacticprobe
Judging by the St. John logo and the lamp, this looks like the Series 6 prop. Funny, though, seeing those doors lying like that; makes me think of that one season during the Troughton era when they had the Phone Panel placed on the right-hand door. It's also a bit apt; Matt Smith liked Troughton's Doctor the best, and wanted to play the part sort of Troughton-esque - which he did magnificently, even using a few of the 2nd Doctor's catch phrases, and acting spooked at times (as in "Hide"), while also showing intolerance (in several episodes), albeit with a bit more intensity than Troughton's intolerance. (Troughton's Doctor also had the TARDIS doors open outward a few times, and Matt Smith's Doctor had them open outward in his first episode.)

So this photo really does being back memories of that swapped phone panel from the Troughton era.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Sofia Fox

That's giving me an idea to try and replicate a Troughton-style Smith TARDIS with swapped phone panel.
Sofia, the infrequent builder and forumer.