Apr 19, 2024, 12:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Apprentice's TARDIS

Started by The Apprentice, Jan 20, 2014, 09:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Apprentice

Jan 20, 2014, 09:53 pm Last Edit: Jan 20, 2014, 10:44 pm by The Apprentice
So, In 5th grade I had the idea for a doctor who based webseries. Over the years it evolved, and it may soon become a reality! Of course, I'm going to need a TARDIS... I actually started building it a few months ago, but didn't take pictures  :-[ sorry... anyway here is how it looks nowLe TARDIS.JPG
Its really wobbly, only held together by duct tape... maybe this wasn't such a good idea...
Also, if anyone could tell me where I could get buttons and such, that would be fabulous
Thanks
This is it. My signature. This is my signature. Thats it, the whole thing. Right there.

DoctorWho8

Make sure to use double corrugated cardboard.  Also glue some folded strips on the inside of where the panels join to help add strength.  As far as controls, check out junked electronics or make them out of cardboard.  That's what I did when I was young. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

The Apprentice

Jan 24, 2014, 10:03 pm #2 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2014, 10:07 pm by The Apprentice
I didn't have school today, so i decided to map out the panels on paper, to see what would work. The results:
Communications:

SAM_0692_Edited.JPG

1: Speakers 2:Microphone 3:Keyboard. I have a monitor that will be on top too... somehow :-\
Security:

SAM_0693_Edited.JPG

1: Big red button 2: White light up buttons 3:Light switches
4:Smaller light up buttons 5:A covered toggle switch
The lines connecting will (Hopefully) be black tape of some kind
Take off/ Main controls

SAM_0694_Edited.JPG

1: A gauge of some kind... 2: Take off lever 3: Gear shift
4:Emergency brake and Turn on switch 5: Buttons
Temporal controls

SAM_0695_Edited.JPG

1: Clock 2:Number pads 3:Spinning ping pong balls
4: More buttons 5: Light up toggle switches
Space Controls

SAM_0697_Edited.JPG

1: Giant fog sphere thingy 2: More light up toggle switches
3:Light switches 4: LED button pads 5: Spinning ping pong balls
Miscellaneous

SAM_0696_Edited.JPG

1: Shiny CD 2: Gauge 3: Sonic charger 4: Lever 5:Buttons

With my current financial situation, I can't really buy most of this stuff  :-\ So I'm gonna go try to get money... somehow...
This is it. My signature. This is my signature. Thats it, the whole thing. Right there.

The Creator

Love how you have planed it and I can't wait to see it finished panel 3 is my favourite    ;D

I shall watch your build with great interest, it looks like its gonna be (excuse the pun) Fantastic...
"Whats the point in being grown up if you cant be childish sometimes?"
the 4th Doctor