Jun 21, 2024, 02:10 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

collected gadgets

Started by silverfox, Dec 29, 2013, 09:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticprobe

Feb 15, 2015, 06:30 am #15 Last Edit: Feb 15, 2015, 06:31 am by galacticprobe
The key to whether or not these were repurposed ice buckets is in the size. Comparing the canisters to the crewman's foot and hand sizes, how would the canister's size compare to the ice bucket size? (Also, the ice bucket's sides are slightly tapered outward as they go from the base to the top, whereas the canister's sides are straight. Were there more than one style of that ice bucket?)

And I wish you luck with creating the labels for the canisters; there are so many different ones! (Didn't those scientists have a universal symbol to use for designating antimatter?) Some of them are a bit fuzzy (darned old low-def TV!), but I sort of like the one on the bottom left in the first image, and the one with the four "H"s on it in the second image. Even as fuzzy as they are, they seem the easiest to re-create.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

elkad

Dec 07, 2016, 03:55 pm #16 Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016, 08:11 am by warmcanofcoke
I made my best guess on the labels to the anti-mater container stickers. There not to size for printing, but I think talented Tardis builders here can modify that very easy.
What do you think?

Anti-mater Sticker 01.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 02.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 03.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 04.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 05.jpgAnti-mater Sticker 06.jpgAnti-mater Sticker Guess.jpg

Davros Skaro

nice job on those stickers, well done.  :)
Chris.

galacticprobe

Dec 08, 2016, 07:43 am #18 Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016, 07:43 am by galacticprobe
Beautifully done, elkad! You might want to try changing your Comments into an Update, though, otherwise those symbol stickers will collapse with the rest of these Comments when you make the next Update. These are too good and too close to what we're seeing on those containers to have them collapsed. They should show as an Update so they're always visible. (If you have trouble with that, I'm sure a Mod could help you out with that.)

Brilliant work!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"