The Time of the Doctor

Started by Kingpin, Dec 19, 2013, 03:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingpin

Dec 19, 2013, 03:15 pm Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 11:49 pm by Scarfwearer
From the BBC America trailer:

hpx3.jpg

DoctorWho8

That's the second change for that panel.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Kingpin

Technically third, the second being that there doesn't appear to be a phone on that panel anymore (I suppose since they used the telephone in The Bells of Saint John for amusing effect (and that they carried it on for The Day of the Doctor that it provides more opportunities for comedic effect than the handset inside the TARDIS... a shame, seeing as I don't recall the phone on the console ever being used.

BioDoctor900

By the looks of it and a bit of a guess, id probably say it was a charging port for the sonic to stand in as it has the 4 gold claw type bits on it. I dont think it would just be there for the one episode...

Thoughts??

BioDoctor900

Rassilons Rod

Dec 20, 2013, 07:09 am #4 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2013, 07:10 am by rassilonsrod
I think that's a shot of him taking it out, in fact (just like he did in 11th hour, in the old console room).
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

kiwidoc

He's slamming something in and it's not a sonic.

Spoiler
[close]
new slot.jpg

DoctorWho8

That's Clara's hand, not the Doctor's.  It's too pretty looking. ;)

Kingpin

I intentionally didn't take a shot of the hand-held item in position. ;)

Theta Sigma

I added a spoiler tag to this entire thread, so it's probably not necessary to continue to add spoiler tags to each post.
"I just put 1.795372 & 2.204628 together." - 4th Doctor

kiwidoc

how about this (accidental) TARDIS modification?   

DOCTOR:   "I've jettisoned half the corner posts, makes her a lot faster, Clara!"

Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 22.26.07.png

DoctorWho8

Not only that, but I don't have any routered detail on the other corner post either!

hobbitdude13

I didn't have any routered detail on mine. Accidental accuracy? lol.

And I didn't notice the missing corner post til now. They probably did it to see who's paying attention.

superrichi1a

I was actually quite shocked to visit the set and realise there was no corner detail, thought it was something we'd already discovered and didn't want to feel stupid by mentioning it! But yeah, pretty sure there's no shaping around the sign boxes too:

image.jpg
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Rassilons Rod

I'm sensing something of an earbashing for some unfortunate photoshopping not-we :-D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Dec 26, 2013, 08:51 pm #14 Last Edit: Dec 26, 2013, 08:52 pm by galacticprobe
I don't have any screen grabs of this (and I really wish I did, but I'm guessing Kingpin will thrill us with some of his famous grabs soon enough), but did anyone else notice in that the cover on the central column is now a greenish-blue? It's not clear anymore!

(I think this may be the first time we've ever had a column cover that wasn't clear!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"