Tardis door Phone panel to put in the hallway

Started by Senseidale, Oct 29, 2013, 10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

galacticprobe

Dec 03, 2013, 05:45 am #16 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2013, 05:45 am by galacticprobe
I love the round things. ;)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

tony farrell

Dec 03, 2013, 02:12 pm #17 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2013, 02:15 pm by Tony Farrell
Quote from: Senseidale on Dec 02, 2013, 10:12 pm
been tinkering with the inside of the box thanks to  this forum and Tony Farrell and his fabulous Tardis interior pictures I have done this,
I need then to  get the glass /perspex cut to size I tried cutting some perspex tonight with disastrous results will have another go tomorrow.

IMG_0649.jpgIMG_0651.jpg

Dale

I'm glad that I've been of some use. Nice phone box Dale - very reminiscent of the original light boxes/columns used in the original Tardis interior!

On the subject of Perspex, try masking tape on both sides before you cut and also use a laminate cutting jigsaw blade.
Tony

Senseidale

Thanks Tony glad you don't mind me using your roundels  ;D .
I did tape both side of the Perspex but used  a table saw looked on you tube at some fella cutting Perspex so I had a go, I will do as suggested and use a jig saw with laminate blade.
Will keep you all posted. Any suggestions on next build.
Regards Dale 
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"

Senseidale

Been very slow on this small project, what with working over the holidays and its been cold to working the garage, and a dose of man flu.......
But and there is always a but I have managed to sneak in a hour here and there with out  the master knowing more then she needs.
the front door panel  has now had an under coat and its first coat of blue but the drying time is longer because of the cold ( ! just had an idea to put in some heating in along with better lighting in the garage) but  the end is in sight.

IMG_0739.jpg
Dale

mobius

It's always a matter of time...

Senseidale

Jan 12, 2014, 05:30 pm #21 Last Edit: Jan 12, 2014, 07:02 pm by Senseidale
Hi all
Tardis phone panel now completed and in place even the Master says she likes it,
I had a bit of playing around to make the sign look aged, I  used tea bag to stain and give a yellow / weathered look  to the sign. I have decided to  give my Tardis the weathered look as soon as the weather improves (to wet and cold at he moment )
I have ordered an old BT wall mounted phone to  complete the look, I will then remove the modern one.
What do you think. (Taking orders)
Regards Dale :)
IMG_0758.jpgIMG_0759.jpg

galacticprobe

Jan 13, 2014, 06:17 am #22 Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014, 06:17 am by galacticprobe
Very, very cool!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

atomicgraph

Senseidale

Glad you like it, I have my first order for one today  ;D from a friend of a friend not sure how much I will charge him, depends on what size he wants half or full size.
Dale

Senseidale

Sep 09, 2014, 02:57 pm #25 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014, 02:59 pm by Senseidale
It been awhile since I have been on this page, I have not been to idle I have built another box for the hallway with an old GPO 1960 dial phone (all in working order now) very simple to convert to modern telephone lines.IMG_1114.jpgIMG_1110.jpg
I will be attaching it to the wall before the weekend or if I get a moment later today, hope you like it
Regards Dale

galacticprobe

Sep 10, 2014, 04:25 am #26 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014, 04:25 am by galacticprobe
Looking good, Dale! Nice to see you back in action again.

Dino.

Senseidale

Thanks Dino trust you are well.
Regards Dale

Senseidale

Sep 10, 2014, 05:18 pm #28 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014, 05:19 pm by Senseidale
IMG_1120.jpg
Mounted on the wall in place of the smaller phone box very happy with the look and finish.
Regards DaleIMG_1119.jpg

darth_baldrick

That's excellent, what a great idea and well done.
The older style phone just looks like it belongs in that box.

:D