Mar 29, 2024, 05:29 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Measurments

Started by lastofthetimelords, Sep 07, 2013, 09:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lastofthetimelords

Hi, I am not quite sure how to do the measurements for the roof. My plans look like this tardis plan.png i think i need to use the 6, the 4, and the diameter of the light to put into the roof calculator but i tired that and nothing happened. Also i am not quite sure how to put the roof together. if any one could give me a description or even better an illustration of what to do and all that would be great. Thank you so much. :D

BioDoctor900

Hi Lastofthetimelords, By the looks of it the base of your your roof needs to be 41.5 Inches square and aprox 4 inches high for the bottom section then 2 inches high and 39.5 inches square for the top part and the pitch needs to be 4 inches high. The simple way to work out the size of the panels is to work out how big the middle block which the lantern stands on is going to be, by the looks of it, its aprox 6 inches square and 2.5 inches high. Best way to do this is to draw out the smaller 39.5 x 39.5 inch square on the piece of wood you're planning to use, then on each of the edges find the center point and then draw a line across. Then at the centre point draw your 6 inch square, then at the tips of the 6 inch square draw a diagonal line to the tips of your large square, like this.....

TARDIS Roof.png

Hope this helps :)

BioDoctor900

lastofthetimelords

Wow!!  :D ;D This helped me so much !!!!!!! Thanks So Much!!!!!  ;D

Senseidale

I know this is an old post but it has really helped me out on how to get the measurements .
Dale
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important"