Apr 19, 2024, 06:28 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tardis Recycled

Started by acjobim, Aug 05, 2013, 04:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

acjobim

Primary construction materials: UHAUL, FedEx & pizza boxes... Beacon is inverted gift  box, candle holder, with ping pong ball top...
Interior is illuminated by revolving disco ball (via wireless remote), internal audio: (Bluetooth) wireless speaker controlled with iPhone...
Installation pending: fog machine w/ wireless remote (fog accumulates inside Tardis, exits perforated floor boards (not  shown)...

Danielles_Tardis.JPG

acjobim

Plan to repaint with Pantone 2955C blue...

DoctorWho8

Hooray for cardboard TARDISes!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

superrichi1a

Wow! I love stuff like this, and this is probably the best home-recycled-cardboard build I've ever seen! Nice job, and I look forward to seeing how it looks when repainted :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

acjobim

Recycled Tardis update: repainted with best BBC approved Tardis Blue match, configured internal Disco lights, sound activated LED lights, wireless Bluetooth speaker (smartphone mp3s) to  single wireless remote, Fog machine situated behind base...
I secured the beacon  with a large neodymium magnet embedded in the apex of the pyramidal roof...

I will post pictures of the internal electronics configuration in the near future...

Sorry for the less than desirable video quality...